What's new

Your 2012

Also pretty quiet year for me, riding only 6 new coasters (compared to the last year - 25 new) and 1 new park cred (Prater), plus a revisit to Mirabilandia

My 2012 has been one I am never going to forget!
I started the year on 184 creds and have finished it on 298! Quite a good year, it could have been more if it wasn't for my damn immune system!

January and February were very quiet months, nothing other than work took place then!

March is when it all began. So first of all it was down to Thorpe for Swarm's opening! Seeing as I couldn't make the actual Live on the Saturday, I had to try and get down there on the Thursday and I am so bloody glad I did! Even though I was back in work that very same night at 6pm!
Well worth it and certainly started the season off well! Just seeing a load of goons running flat out to Swarm first thing that morning was something else! And still one of the gooniest things I've ever done!
There was a Alton trip as well at the end of March to renew the AP!

April was also another quiet month concentrating on work.

Start of May it was a trip over to France for Asterix and Disneyland. Having planned it about 3 weeks previously, I was very relieved to find it as easy as it was to get from Charles de Gaulle to Asterix to meet up with the others who had gone over the day before.
A brilliant trip! Oz was fantastic, Zeus good but overrated and a great park.
Disney was equally as good being a bit of a Disney fan girl! Getting to see all the park this time around and going on far more rides than I did when I went in 2010 was great!
Being in the park for something like 12 hours was awesome as was seeing Disney Dreams which was spectacular.
Didn't want to return to normality after this trip. But when I did, the Flu appeared like nothing I had ever had before! Bleugh! Off work for a week with that!

Next was the biggest trip and easily the biggest highlight of the whole year. USA!
That whole trip from start to finish was just fantastic. 10 days of what can only be described as amazing.

Lake Compounce was a good little park apart from having one of the most over-rated coasters I've ever known; Boulder Dash. Also had my 200th in the form of Zoomerang; a half decent Boomerang. We tried to get to Quassy only to find it had shut hours earlier than advertised due to rain.

SF New England home to the amazing Bizarro (<3) was my first experience of a SF parks and it wasn't the best! Home to some of the rudest operators ever!
Bizarro can have lots and lots of <3 because it was awesome! Including the ride in the pitch black, in pissing rain which was amazing! (The shivering after, not so much..)

New York next and despite the car headache and the Coney Spite it was actually a really good day and one I really enjoyed! Lots of sightseeing and being tourists!

SF Great Adventure was significantly better than NE. Such a shame that El Toro spited, but Ka was brilliant and Nitro was a massive surprise! The biggest of the trip in fact!
The face wobble on Ka was something weird and the height was just epic! I want more! I liked GAdv it seemed like it was loved and taken care of unlike the others we visited!
Just a shame I was starting to feel like **** by now!

Knoebels was hindered by the feeling like ****! But what I remember of it was Phoenix was great and the airtime was epic! The rest of it I can't really remember! The tour of Flying Turns was great too, only again hindered by wanting to sit down all the time!
Rushing over to Dorney to grab all the creds and wondering if we would have enough time. I was impressed by Possessed, Talon and Hydra! Gutted I missed the Intamin First Gen tower and then proceeded to feel like death!
Going to the hospital was a lowlight by a long shot, but it had to be done! It was particularly scary having my first blood test done in a foreign country!
Just glad I made a speedy recovery after that! Thanks again guys who were over there at the time, still means a lot <3

Feeling 90% better another SF park, this time America and being there on the opening day of Apocalypse. The park I felt wasn't that awful! Apocalypse was good, the Batwing surprised me as did Jokers Jinx. The rest of it was mediocre to ok.
Tried to race back to Great Adventure for Toro, but gave up after seeing it was a 3 hour drive not 2. So to Washington and some more sightseeing which again was epic!

The park I had been so looking forward to was Hershey and lying in that hospital bed on the Wednesday night, it was the only thing on my mind! Skyrush! Skyrush! Skyrush!
The great ERT sessions in the morning, followed by an epic day at the park which is amazing! The weather was on our side, the creds were good and then there's Skyrush!
The 10:30 to 11pm ERT session on Skyrush was just OMG! Constantly going around and around on the front being flung from the train. The adrenaline rush after was insane!
I hope they don't do too many modifications to her over the closed season, she's just too good!
The losing of the sunglasses was unfortunate, but oh well!

Kings Dominion was for me a good park! The Intimidator ERT was a little too much after the Skyrush one the night before so only 2 rides were had! But the ride later on that day was significantly better and it got in my top 10!
Flight of Fear, Backlot, Dominator and Volcano being surprisingly good coasters and the rest just good! Fab day at the park if a little too warm!

Busch was the final park :( but a brilliant one to end with! Verbolten was a bit of a let down - I still believe it tried to do too much, would've liked to have rode it again, but that wasn't going to happen! Griffon and Alpengiest being amazing and the really wet Log Flume were super! Lets not forget those rapids of OMG SO WET!
Flying home was a sad time as that was one heck of an amazing trip!

I went to Alton at the start of July with Will and handed my notice in to work 2 days later! Went to Thorpe the day before I started my new job in July and got ridiculously sunburnt so resembled a beetroot on my first day at work and being in absolute agony! Then the guys at work taking the piss out of me!

August started with nice weather and heading down to Yarmouth to grab the creds! They were mediocre to say the best, but it was a good day and bang in the middle of the Olympics and travelling through London was epic!

Then it was a day trip to Legoland Billund which holds a gem of a coaster of Polar X-Plorer and the park being significantly better than the Windsor one! The free entry thanks to the German AP I got in 2011 was also nice! :p
That was a really good day with great company! When's the next random day trip??!!!

August ended with Marc and Mark's wedding and having never been to Southend, decided I should nab the Adventure Island creds! It rained too much, Rage was pretty good though!

Now concentrating on my job in September, I went to Alton at the start of the month and then to Holland at the end! I don't think I will forget the trip to Holland in a hurry!
Walibi was turd apart from Goliath and the Speed of Sound soundtrack! Everything else was crap!
Toverland being brilliant again but still finding Troy really overrated! D'Wervelwind was a fun little coaster!
Started to feel ill, so didn't ride anything else! Felt like **** all night so when we went to Efteling, didn't ride much and was just glad to get home!
Then to be off work for 3 weeks with an infection in my stomach! Thanks Holland! :p

Feeling much better by the end of October, it was GF time! First time in 3 years I've done both parks and it was great to do it again! Swarm looked incredible at night and rode brilliantly! Chessie was good in terms of company and being with CF, but the park is utterly terrible ATM!

And finally, it was PA! A cracking way to end an amazing season! Shambhala was seriously amazing and the sex noises certainly show that! :p
Khan I still find overrated, but it was running significantly better than when I went in 2011! Was nice to get a blast of Winter Sun and wearing a t-shirt whilst singing Christmas songs! Epic!
Brilliant couple of days with perfect company and a fantastic way to end what I think has been an incredible season for a lot of people!

Thanks CF! Bring on 2013!!

Mine was OK I suppose. Got spited by Rush due to its closing RIGHT before I was going to be there, I305 was fun, but nothing I havent ridden before in terms of airtime and forces. Was kinda disappointed tbh, but it was still a fun ride. Also got spited by BGE for being at Capacity around 4pm.

Did go gambling near Hershey and found the wonders of BBQ Pulled Pork nachoes, so all was not lost on that trip :lol:

I can't be **** ed to write a load of paragraphs that nobody will read, so here's a list:

New Parks

Dream Park, Jordan
Jingo's Jungle, Jordan
Tripsdrill, Germany
Holiday Park, Germany
Europa Park, Germany
Skyline Park, Germany
Bayern Park, Germany
Connyland, Switzerland
Gronalund, Sweden
Vidam Park, Hungary
Wiener Prater, Austria
Lunapark, Czech Republic
Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko, Poland

Re-visits

Alton Towers
Blackpool x2 (one awful, one fab)
Thorpe Park (+1 with Swarm)
Chessington
Adventure Island (+1 with Kiddie Koahhhhstaaahhh)

Unless I've forgotten anything, that makes 56 new coasters this year, with Hyde Park and Tel Aviv still to come, so there's a potential 8 more before the year's out.

Non coastery highlights of the year:

MADONNA! and Edinburgh in general being lovely
Petra, Jordan - absolutely stunning
Switzerland being just generally gorgeous
Strasbourg being lovely - knew nothing about it before I went
Munich being loads of fun and a nice city in general
Budapest being quite fab
Same for Stockholm
Bratislava being really chilled out and friendly - practically force fed shots by pissed Slovakians
Salzburg being lovely
Same for Krakow- total surprise of the trip

Lowlights:

Feeling a bit "burned out" in Vienna, but it's really impressive Not Vienna's fault at all; I'd just been overdoing it in the week leading up to getting there.

Prague being ridiculously crowded, as you might expect in summer, but to the point where I was in a state of general annoyance at the stupid people in the way all the time.

School trip to Blackpool being horrendous, only managing not to lose my **** with the dumbasses at Burger King because there were kids from school around

Managed to Piss off to France and pull a trip to America out my arse this year (still appreciate the people who Took me around and stuff during those trips :3). Managed to figure out my 'Count' as well!! But I don't care about that. I just enjoyed bombing around to everywhere with everyone instead.

Oh yeah, I got Toro when everyone else got spited on that trip.

I had a great 2012! Went back to some of the close parks to me like SFNE and Canobie Lake and got some creds. Had a fun road trip with my cousin and uncle to Hershey and Dorney. Got to ride Skyrush for the first time, had a blast at Dorney, and went with my aunt and little cousins to Story Land to ride Polar Coaster :). 2012 was a good year and 2013 already has Cedar Point on the slate so I'm looking forward to it.

URGH I gotta try and recall all this. My 2012 has been odd, but I don't think I'll miss anything of note.

New Parks:
-Knoebels

New Credits:
-Phoenix
-Twister
-Kozmo's Kurves
-Black Diamond
-Skyrush
-Various rides in Kings Dominion I'm too lazy to try and remember

Revisits:
-Great Adventure
-KD
-Hershey
-Various parks in NJ excluding Keansburg, Fantasy Island, and Steel Pier (and the two parks I don't have credits from yet)

Parks missed embarrassingly:
-Six Flags America
-Dorney Park
-Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Nothing really of note this year other than traditional Skyrush and Phoenix ejaculation and a lot of thigh pain. A horrible miss of Dorney Park when I literally was within a quarter mile of the park. My dad was too tired so we stopped for dinner and kept going, we would've had to pay for parking and admission anyways. Lived 45 minutes from SFA, cba to visit this year. Also missed out on a BGW trip due to college tuition payments, which I would've missed out on Verbolten because I planned on visiting when it was closed for 2 straight weeks. So yeah, not too bad of a year for me.

kimahri said:
Oh yeah, I got Toro when everyone else got spited on that trip.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So - how was it for you then???

i've had a pretty good year with quite a few new creds (20 in total) - I'm going to do a list as below :D

New Parks

Bottons Skegness
Fantasy Island
Efteling
Toverland

Highlights

The Swarm & the ECC meet in March
The behind the scenes tour of Thorpe I did in February
Troy being amazing
My trip to Holland in July - Efteling, Toverland & Tilburg Fair - all awesome
Jubilee Odyssey @ Fantasy Island - I was surprised that I enjoyed it :)
Lightwater Valley in general.

I also went to the usual Merlin parks - Alton Towers Scarefest was really good and it was nice to go back to the event after a few years of not going. Fireworks were also good.

nadroJ said:
DISGUSTING birch beer that silly Americans tried to tell us tasted good. Tastes like Savlon

Haha, my favorite bit of Knoebels, was disgusting everyone out with that drink, then happily enjoying it all to myself.

Had a bit of a reignition of passion for theme parks this year. Visited Lightwater Valley twice including once for the Frightwater event. Also visited Flamingo Land for the first time in a good few years as well as Alton Towers for the first time since 2010.

Did a mini euro trip to Holland with Ian, Darren, Rach and Peter to visit Walibi and Toverland for the first time - Toverland instantly became my new favourite park <3

Wouldn't mind doing more UK Lives again next year but I say this every year lol.

Pretty quiet year again from me. It's been the first calendar year where I've been at university for 3 terms which makes it harder to find time to get to many parks. Parks I went to in one form or another this year include:

Alton Towers (4)
Drayton Manor
Port Aventura (2)
Chessington
Thorpe Park
Blackpool
Gulliver's Warrington

Despite this there were quite a few highlights. Getting on the new rides at Alton, namely Nemesis: Sub-Terra and Ice Age 4 was a must do for me and I was impressed with both of them, particularly the chamber part of Sub-Terra regardless of the disappointment of other parts of the ride. Ben 10 at Drayton was a new coaster for me, which was pretty fun for the size it is. As with all the rides there though it's too short.

The most significant trip of the year for me was without doubt the visit to Port Aventura. Shambhala blew me away and the whole park was magnificent. The overall ride selection isn't that great, but it has one of the best coasters in Europe and is beautifully themed. It was nice to also get back to Chessington this year after my last visit 4 years ago. I liked Wild Asia and it was just good to get to the park again.

The Swarm was the final new ride for me this year and I have to say it was a really good one. First wingrider I've ever been on and it was a very cool experience. The "Thorpe Park inversion" is an awesome element and the rest of the ride packs a punch. I also enjoyed riding Stealth again, really love that ride.

Overall 2012 has been an ok year for me as far as theme parks are concerned. Hope to get to some more new parks next year, I still have a few relatively big parks in the UK to visit and I also intend to get to a few parks abroad.

Not too bad actually, although our trip to Paris and Germany fell through in a huge way, this was down to having multiple financial stings around the time we should have been saving, car going wrong etc.
Also we had planned to head to Camelot, but that fell through also due to it not being open when we were in the area back in May, normally I wouldn't care, but now as the park is closed for good, there's no +5 for me. Regardless of the creds, its annoying that I`ll never get to experience the park, I know 99% of people say it's a craphole, but still.

Everything else has been good though, got to a fair few new parks, including finally getting over to Oakwood, which is now one of my favorite parks for sure. We had a lot of nice days actually just plodding about at parks doing smaller, fun things as opposed to spending our days riding the same big creds 23 times in one day, places like Paultons, Lego Land and all the parks at the 2 Lives.

Finally getting to a couple of Lives also was a highlight of the year, finally getting out and meeting some of you guys was cool, everybody was real nice and made myself and Tash feel very welcome, we enjoyed all 4 days and evenings meeting CF, oh apart from Tash winning the CF GP, she still rubs that trophy in my face at any opportunity ;)

Also managed to finish the year up with some December creds at Winter Wonderland last week, so yeah, not the most productive year with regards to getting new large creds, (Swarm and Megafobia would be about it) but certainly the most laid back and fun year I can remember for a while.

2012 has been the best year ever in terms of theme parks visits.

Highlights:
Carnival of Screams, The Sanctuary and ToTT (my first ever real scare mazes)
Nemesis Sub-Terra (hey, I liked it from the start ;))
Scarefest and the rides in the dark
Drayton fireworks and Apocalypse in the dark
Spending the day at Drayton with Mushroom (October)

Park visits:
Drayton - 19
Alton Towers - 8

I forgot about Camelot. One of the funniest days I've ever had at a park, and three new coasters since the last time I was there in the '80s.

Oh, and Gullivers Warrington, with another 3 creds. So I guess that's actually 62 new for this year.

I think that's it now...

gavin said:
I forgot about Camelot. One of the funniest days I've ever had at a park, and three new coasters since the last time I was there in the '80s.
It really was a great day. My initial thought when I heard it was closing, again, was, "Thank god", but then I remembered the hilarity of that day and I kind of got sad again. Ha.

My year's been fantastic, a lot of creeds in Florida, not to mention FINALLY get to Halloween Horror nights, Howl-O-Scream & Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Great year.

I have had such an incredible year. I started it with a coaster count of about 190 and now I'm on about 330.

- The year started off in Jan with one of many trips to Disneyland Paris.
- Then March had Swarm based awesomeness and getting spited by the creds in Aberdeen.
- April was a little slow with a birthday trip to Chessington and ended the month back at Disneyland Paris to check out the amazing Dreams show.
- In May it was back to Paris for a weekend of Asterix which is still amazing. At the end of the month I jetted off to the USA...
- I spent two amazing weeks with Joey, Kyle and his friend Dillon. Met lots of American CFers at the Live and just had an incredible time (despite the bit where I got ill).
- August went to the UK Live at Great Yarmouth/Pleasurewood hills which was fantastic fun. Was great to see some new faces, Dubai Dave and Colossus + gf were really nice, hope to see them at more meets/Lives in the future. Mark and Marc's wedding was also another great weekend which ended in more coastal creds <3
- September I then jetted back off to the US for Florida-based Disney times. It was an amazing trip filled with awesome moments.
- October was then more awesomeness with Halloween at Disneyland Paris. Shame I missed out on GF though.
- November and Shambhala of love happened.

There were so many amazing moments throughout the year on each of the trips. I doubt next year will live up to it, but I can try ;)