Z
Joey said:Rattlesnake isn't even open yet
Ian said:Maybe a re-opening this year would make sense. Open it in October, get all the related press out of the way and it'll be largely forgotten about by the start of the 2016 season.
Joey said:Does anyone know if Saw's capacity been nerfed? I've not been to Thorpe this year.
This makes a tonne of sense, not only because it adds a layer and another individual to give the all clear, but because I think they've done something very similar to this before.SilverArrow said:Was just discussing these recent developments on TT as they have gone into quite some detailed speculation (as they usually do). The current theory re the box in the pic is that it's an additional manual override button that means that to do an override an op must physically walk out and press this button (as well as others being pressed, possibly simultaneously), thus ensuring that the batwing is physically viewed (not via cctv) every time any manual override takes place. Could be wrong but this theory seems logica.
I don't think it indicates any opening date. It makes sense from a PR point-of-view to do improvements/fixes in full view of the public rather than simply re-open in March with "yeah, we've done 'em, trust us"owentaylor121 said:The fact that these improvements are being done now when they could have just been done in the closed season also indicates that they will reopen it for scarefest.
Joey said:In the wake of the crash, I can't help wonder how they knew the track had separated and to stop operations, but not that a bloody great train, visible on CCTV, was... there.![]()
owentaylor121 said:The Smiler has been testing this morning! Towers Street have a video on Facebook, I'm pretty certain for a Scarefest opening now!
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I should have worked it better, I'm more hopeful for it to be open for Scarefest now.Ben said:owentaylor121 said:The Smiler has been testing this morning! Towers Street have a video on Facebook, I'm pretty certain for a Scarefest opening now!
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
No.
Just because it's testing doesn't mean in any way it'll be open for Scarefest.
It just means it's testing - could be for anything. Some rides around the world have tested and then never opened.