What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

I'm still dubious about that whole people getting hit with stuff. It's so much easier for the ride ops just to send trains without having to wait for the other one.

I know it was reported people got hit and they probably did. But for years it operated without a problem, just one year there were problems and they stopped it.

Perhaps they will make you wear trousers with no pockets or make you sign a waiver of liability just in case. :wink:

elephant58 said:
I wonder if after it opens there'll be a big news story involving a certain Alton Towers.

Could you be a little less vague?

I'm sure that this will be in the news, but you seem to be thinking of a particular topic.

marc said:
I'm still dubious about that whole people getting hit with stuff. It's so much easier for the ride ops just to send trains without having to wait for the other one.

I know it was reported people got hit and they probably did. But for years it operated without a problem, just one year there were problems and they stopped it.
Parks will change the way they operate because of one problem after decades of everything being fine. And they will to it continually, in ways which render the past change pointless or create obvious new H&S problems. So I've no doubt it was brought on by the incident. It's stupid, though, because THE SAME COMPANY didn't stop their duelling coaster from duelling over in Singapore and the industry as a whole hasn't panicked. If Alton did find a problem with it, who knows what they'd do. If there was something they could do, they would probably do it, even if it reduced the throughput.

rollermonkey said:
elephant58 said:
I wonder if after it opens there'll be a big news story involving a certain Alton Towers.

Could you be a little less vague?

I'm sure that this will be in the news, but you seem to be thinking of a particular topic.

When discussing the duelling aspect, my post was supposed to refer to a crash or someone getting hit by debris.

Also, I just saw on TT, that their pilot has said ''it's that time again'', probably referring to another aerial update....

scw55 said:
There will never be a crash.

The Pepsi Max crashed once....

Any ways, back on track.

Think there may be another photo update tonight going by the posts on TowersTimes. - *Dunce, just noticed that this has been mentioned only 2 posts above.

scw55 said:
There will never be a crash.

It was designed to sarcastic, but I guess I was a little vague. :roll:

Anyway, if there is an aerial update coming up, it will either be shrouded by fog and snow, or exactly the same as before. I wonder if TT will go down, this time round (if there is an update)....

If you go onto the alton towers website, the smiley face appears just like it did at scare fest, I think. Here's a link to the website.

http://www.altontowers.com/

Also a picture posted on twitter. This made me smile. Original source: https://twitter.com/EllieFleet/status/2 ... 7679252480

BAv_OoRCIAAD4y5_zpseae89554.jpg

And Alton towers posted this on their twitter page.

It's coming #getcorrected #ready?

Latest pictures aren't much, bit of metalwork done over the small 'inside' drop and a bit of snow on the ridiculously gorgeous inversion sexy time thing. Looks good from so many angles.

I had a dream where SW7 was open and I went with Peep. The trains were just two Eurofighter ones stuck together and the station loaded 4 of them at once. The ride was smooth, but boring. The exterior of the ride was Tennessee Tornado's exterior. Lolwut.

WTF?! Read the whole story and it's even more daft

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... untry.html

Seriously, how the hell does that even fit the theme? Was there anything in The Sanctuary that would make this even vaguely relevant?

Also, you've got to love the balls/idiocy of Merlin to release an animal related story just a day after bunnygate at CWoA. There's already one "OMG THINK OF THE SHEEP!!!!!!11!!!11!!1!!!!!" comment on there. Once people realise there's a connection, the backlash is going to be hilarious *grabs popcorn*

LOL! Oh yes, this is going to get funny. I will give them one thing, Merlin can market the hell out of a new attraction, despite its quality.

I don't think it's good advertising, because no one has the foggiest what it is.
I just think it's pretty damn hilarious there's a load of sheep with smilers on them...

I was kind of discussing this with ollie the other day though. The smiler was on gates at Leeds train station which ollie said was genius marketing. I didn't think so as millions of people will pass them gates rushing to catch trains not giving a **** what they are.

With this story it's so **** bizarre people will be intrigued to look into it further and find out what it is. I like it.

I don't get it.

I'm all for viral marketing, but, you do have to come away with some idea of what it's for. People will just see that as a weird thing to happen to sheep. And then once it's revealed, they won't care.

People are giving the public too much credit if they think they're going to go all Sherlock on this to find out the meaning.

More bizarre opinion dividing Merlin marketing.

I love it! There's a lot of underlying humour in it. And it uses sheep! Who doesn't like sheep, seriously. I'm guessing they're hoping to make this face appear in peoples lives so much that people start to question it. Then BAM they announce what it is on a tv campaign and it will stick in their heads.

I like it, I like how silent it is, just smilies appearing out of the blue.

Also! If you go on the website you'll see the fan boys getting the ball rolling, unable to resist commenting with that know-it-all attitude.. "It's not aliens it's for Alton Towers' new ride DUH!"

Status
Not open for further replies.