What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

Holding off for an actual date would be my guess...

Like, they were planning to drip the information across, even with the delay, then the Metro were all "LOL COASTER" and printed their story first off...

The rest is as they say, history, hyping up the ride and two days later it was announced as delayed...

Even so, you'd think they'd have a planned "coming soon!" campaign to grab the nation's attention?

furie said:
FaceYourNemesis said:
Yes, but what about the secret element? :cry:

;)

Peppered mayonnaise?

I know they're possibly waiting until there's more track built or it it's finished, but does anyone else think it's odd that the marketing has gone very quiet.

There's been no real follow up to the displays or sheep and we know now that it's a world record breaker - why aren't they shouting this stuff from the rooftops? Possibly holding off for an official opening date? Still, it seems very mismanaged...
It's probably because if they hyped it too much now they'd be inundated with people complaining they went to the park and the new ride isn't open, and that would be entirely Alton's fault. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public - on the Facebook page for SeaLife Manchester, which clearly says "Opening June" there are currently people moaning the website "won't let" them take their kids at Easter...!

Yeah, I understand that - but they're sitting on possibly the most marketable and exciting coaster the country has seen since The Ultimate (or maybe Colossus) and it's juts deathly silent. No follow ups to the earlier campaigns or anything. Even just some more of the stupid ploys to keep it in people's minds until they have an announcement would help, surely?

There has to be something, surely?

Another pic...

BGc8wogCMAEMeB-.jpg

Not 100% confirmable, but OTSRs look to be likely now... It was fun whilst it lasted then ;)

Well, they certainly come from "over", you can see where the bollock clamps meet like a bird's beak.

I was excited about the trains until I looked at the picture, silly Eurofighter trains :cry:

It's actually the colour of my old bathroom tiles - yellow and black (we also had a bright orange floor which was a bit much)

Beyond vom... but I weirdly like them. The Smiler logo on the front looks tacky though.

579026_10151606753053185_1213636181_n.png

From Alton Towers "Smilier" website

Mysterious Sue said:
Sometimes it's nice to share...
Haha! I was actually serious :p

On topic though; those trains look dreadful! I don't feel any desire to ride that thing anymore knowing that I have to endure all those inversions with Gerstlauer OTSR! :? All my hype suddenly vanished when the rumors of lapbar only turned out to be false.. :(

Probably the only one who actually really likes them!

As for the OTSR, I really really didn't expect this to have lap bars. No way would it have had them with only the straight bits of track being on the lift hill and break run. At least there will be some support to brace yourself with.

I like the 4 singular rows as well rather than 2 usual Eurofighter trains tied together which I did think it would be!

The hypnotising image on the seat in front is madness. I love things like that and that will be a hit. Though I think if you concentrate on that for the full duration of the ride, you may be looking at giving Alton a job to clean up! Just looking at the picture Alton have posted makes it move! <3

Also, black and yellow <3

Cannot wait to ride this! So excited!

Not keen on the colour, yucky yellow. However I like the logo on the front of the cars :) Get this sorted Towers, I want to ride this. Although i will brace myself for pain which I get when riding Gerstlauers :?

Oh come on, peeps, these trains are bloody perfect! This ride is designed to be loud, disorientating and in your face - the cars compliment The Smiler perfectly.

Ugh...

I too am glad that the trains aren't just 2 normal Eurofighter cars tied together. It appears that there are pads in the insides of the tops of the OTSRs? I also like the yellow 'grid-thing' at he front aswell.

I cannot believe it has **** shoulder restraints when all the other new Eurofighters don't....

What the ****. Why? Just WHY?

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? WHHHYYYYYYYY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

*JUMPS IN FRONT OF A TRAIN...*

The public are going to love it regardless. Maybe lapbar only is an added cost or.. something. I'll cling to rational non-existant explanations.

Ugh it'll be like **** Saw now. **** Saw.

I'm so upset.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.