What's new

Best back-seat ride?

I'm not going to lie, I really find Arrow loopers extremely fun in back. It seems a bit smoother, and you don't seem to get as jostled as much because the back of the trains goes over certain transitions at slower speeds. You also get to watch the entire train twist around the corkscrews, which is really sweet.

The lack of Raptor is disappointing. I honestly prefer the back seat to the front on most rides, but hypercoasters seem to be better in the front. I will agree with the people who said el toro.

Raptor however is a completely different beast in the back, every single part of the ride becomes more intense, and then the double helix at the end is truly face melting in the back. I refuse to ride raptor in the front anymore due to how boring it feels compared to the back.

Ben said:
... I'm also disappointed this topic hasn't generated any "I always prefer it in the back" posts. You people disappoint.

It's way worse that it took 11 posts for SOMEONE to mention El Toro. I thought I was going to cream myself all over the guy in front of me on my first back seat ride on that. It's amazing.

El Toro

INDESCRIBABLE (but isn't that descriptive?) ejector air! Especially that twister section lead-in. Especially when you ride at night- that first drop is probably one of (if not the) the best roller coaster experiences of your LIFE!

Back seat of a Fiat Panda up on devils dy... oh, coaster topic erm.. Millie Force on the back is fantastic. RF2 was Fantastic.

Aerith said:
X no way out :p the front is the back i guess, and i just think that ride is awesome.

Your the first person I'v ever met that actually likes X:/ No Way Out.

And PMBO, it's pointless to ride it in any other seat. :)

1) Expedition Everest(WDW) --going backwards in the pitch black is amazing
2) Vortex (Kings Island, OH)-- doesn't get much popularity but the double loop in the back is great
3) Voyage (Holdiay World, IN)-- best wooden coaster i've been on
4) Rock n' Roller Coaster (WDW)-- the 0-60 into the loop then into the corkscrew is best in back

southend_marc said:
I have tbh I think most coasters are better in the back, you get more speed and more force and more airtime. Someone is probably going to prove me wrong but when you look at it make sense.

The front ia slow as its already down the drop before the back gets over it, so it pulls the back over so the back is faster.

God knows if that makes sense lol.

you know, I thought the exact same thing as far as most costers being better in the back because you have the force and weight from the rest of the train pulling you through, so you get that extra "push". Somebody tried to say it wasn't so but I said that you'd have to sit in the back all the time to understand

nastybreakdown said:
southend_marc said:
I have tbh I think most coasters are better in the back, you get more speed and more force and more airtime. Someone is probably going to prove me wrong but when you look at it make sense.

The front ia slow as its already down the drop before the back gets over it, so it pulls the back over so the back is faster.

God knows if that makes sense lol.

you know, I thought the exact same thing as far as most costers being better in the back because you have the force and weight from the rest of the train pulling you through, so you get that extra "push". Somebody tried to say it wasn't so but I said that you'd have to sit in the back all the time to understand

I think that's pretty much how it works. You're going the fastest you can go at the bottom of a hill, which is where the front is when you are in the back in the back, but not quite as fast at the same point in the front, so it only makes sense you get more air.

Ok so heres an addition to this question then -

You've gone to a park to go on a ride you've never ridden before - you dont know the track layout (so cant work it out from there) - and are given the option to ride either the very front or the very back for your first time on the ride - which would you choose?

Personally I always try for the back on my first time on a coaster - I like the drag over hills and round bends etc... - If i get a chance to ride the front after my first time then I will, but I rarely queue for anything more than an extra 10 mins just to ride on the front.

Stretch said:
Ok so heres an addition to this question then -

You've gone to a park to go on a ride you've never ridden before - you dont know the track layout (so cant work it out from there) - and are given the option to ride either the very front or the very back for your first time on the ride - which would you choose?

Personally I always try for the back on my first time on a coaster - I like the drag over hills and round bends etc... - If i get a chance to ride the front after my first time then I will, but I rarely queue for anything more than an extra 10 mins just to ride on the front.

I go in the back if I know it will have a lot of airtime, but for things like floorless or flying coasters the front seat gives you the best effect the ride is supposed to offer. SROS at SFNE also has a really cool drop from the front so I ride it there. And B&M hypers don't generally have airtime ANYWHERE so I ride in the front because it's virtually floorless up front.

I'd have to say Apollo's Charriot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Wild Thing at Cedar Fair. Both of those you are able to get massive air time in the back while still having your upperbody free to move. The front is still great on both of those too, but you can't go wrong with the back.

I love sitting at the back of Raptor at Cedar Point, the helix at the end sends you some pretty intense G's.