What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

some :emoji_zipper_mouth:n good bamboo lemme tell ya
o38LoBe.png

22c9963a-72ac-4cc8-a3b2-9d90db0a82f6
I don't get it.

But the trains, as far as I'm aware of, aren't even on the ride or in the maintenance bays yet.
One of them is there, apparently. The other two are on their way as we speak - so it really won't take long. Movie Park Germany had Star Trek testing within a week or so of the first train arriving.

One of them is there, apparently. The other two are on their way as we speak - so it really won't take long. Movie Park Germany had Star Trek testing within a week or so of the first train arriving.
You mean this train that got delivered a while ago is in maintenance?
27912959_2324543050904977_7154223417020354222_o.jpg

Btw what are your sources for this? :)

You mean this train that got delivered a while ago is in maintenance?
27912959_2324543050904977_7154223417020354222_o.jpg

Btw what are your sources for this? :)
Yes, the one that will take about a day to put on the track once the park is closed to the general public, that one...

I have sources at the park that wouldn't really appreciate me posting their names, so I'm not going to be doing that ;)

Er so, how much work are we expecting on the station exterior? I was assuming a fair bit since someone mentioned it shouldn't even be black when it's finished. Is that cladding going to cover the entirety?

^Really? Looking at the photos showing the cladding which has been installed so far, I think it'll at least look interesting, along with some of the park's other buildings. Definitely better than just plain black at least.

Bamboo can be used on trellis as climbing plants - wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to cover it in climbing plants, if so, that'll be pretty beautiful. Don't forget that Liseberg did that with Helix, and Liseberg/Blackpool Pleasure Beach are constantly in discussions, sharing ideas back and forth.

I like that idea - especially at a park like BPB where there's not huge amounts of greenery.
Increase plant life + hide basic station. It's a win IMO

I think this going to be a pretty cool place to watch the ride from, seeing the train dive into tunnel and then fly up the immelmann as the other train speeds out of the tunnel <3

With the cladding on the station, isn't that stuff easier to attach stuff too? Gives them a bit more flexibilty, while also breaking up the solid colour behind any themeing.