What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

It looks majestic, but that picture has too much blue...

Yes, isn't it obvious? Behemoth has those trains. People are complaining enough as it is that the rides are too similar, so it makes sense that they give them different trains

I also believe that these kind of trains are chosen because of the first drop.
- The way the first drop quickly becomes steep would look arkward for the other trains to crest.

Also the reason why the trains are fairly short, so that it will be able to snap over the crest of the first drop quicker.
And to avoid the uncomfortable forces that would be in the back seats, if the train where longer.

^^ I think it's because of their lack of room near the station so they are using the old trains because they are shorter and so will need a shorter station and transfer track.

UC said:
Also, the straight across trains have one more row, which is higher capacity - potentially important on a ride lacking a MCBR.

It would be important if the trains actually had that 9th row, but on Leviathan they don't. They are 32-seat trains instead of the traditional 36-seater trains featured on other B&M.

Besides, the high final brake run will act as a sort of MCBR, only at the end, of what I expect will be a short ride (time wise).

I think its quite simple when looking at why the park wanted these trains as opposed to the other ones ...
just because its a different thing.
Why would you choose the same trains when you had the opportunity to use something different?
It just seems very simple to me.
Im really sure that it had nothing to do with people getting confused between the two rides, especially considering that one is bright blue and the other orange, both at different sides of the park.

^Agreed. I've heard people interchange Magnum and Millennium Force.. and they are completely different rides.. etc etc.

Same ride type? Same seats? Same design? Definitely.

Its not like changing the seats from staggered to a row is enough to differentiate them in the GP's eyes. Half of the comments on the Facebook photo of the train were something along the lines of "Ewh they it has the same trains as Behemoth" Most of the GP sees this as another Behemoth no matter how CW markets this. For all intents and purposes it is. It just is more focussed on speed than airtime, and is taller. Different colour, different name but basically the same idea.

It seemed to me that they were kind of marking it as a Big Brother to behemoth. It just seems like they know the GP will confuse the 2 and are kinda rolling with that.

The second hill is complete

430539_10150527784533924_95469803923_9039226_1092271328_n.jpg

All that's left for tracking is the last high speed curve. Only 10 more track sections.

399915_10150527784978924_95469803923_9039231_995235239_n.jpg

I had reservations but this coaster is really stunning to look at.

The hills and curves seem to sit in just the right place in the skyline and that bold colour scheme really stands out. Maybe it's just the snow in that picture, but hey.

Even if it's abit short, or a little forceless. It'll certainly impress visually.

Ben said:
Still does less than the captain of an Italian cruise ship.
Meow! <3

It's good to see it nearly complete, it's so strange that due to the massive spine size, it actually doesn't look THAT tall. I suppose it'll only look huge when the trains are running!

Can't wait to ride this thing in May! Aesthetically, it looks incredible, even though I had my doubts about the colour scheme at the beginning.

The official Canada's Wonderland page on facebook posted some new pics.

417292_10150542257098924_95469803923_9083885_1863185591_n.jpg

That picture has made me incredibly excited for this ride.