What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Martyn B said:
this is seeming like one of the best inverting B&Ms in existence!

That's one hell of a statement for a ride that hasn't even been built yet....
You totally saved me the job of saying that.

If that was "Best B&M Wingrider's in existence I'd probably agree but best inverting B&M, I don't think so.

The corkscrew is so very close to being completed.
1465_397431993673998_728225191_n.jpg

Yeah please, I actually can't stand the SW7 anymore haha.

Nice to see this coaster going up though, it really is huge!

Am I the only one that finds the music on this video pretty Nemesis-esque? (from 0:40)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqhApNBjes[/youtube]

Don't worry - the marketing department assured me yesterday that GateKeeper is right on schedule with construction. If 18 Degree Fahrenheit temperatures (-7 Celcius) can't slow down construction - nothing will. :razz:

Martyn B said:
Am I the only one that finds the music on this video pretty Nemesis-esque? (from 0:40)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqhApNBjes[/youtube]
Agreed there it does sound similar to Nemesis music.
Martyn B said:
Oh ffs, don't drag that bollox into this thread as well!
For this thread it was only meant to be taken as a light hearted joke, which is why I have now removed it from my previous post in this topic, any the corkscrew does look epic.

I have to say that this is looking really impressive so far. Very much looking forward to seeing more construction photos!

On the winter construction update...

The first dropping inversion, called a dive loop, will be the tallest inversion in the world.
Technically speaking, isn't it a half loop? I thought a dive loop was the kind found on Mantis' 2nd inversion...

(Sorry if this was clarified already)

According to RCDB, they are dive loops. Well, actually on wing coasters they are dive drops, but on Manhattan Express, the same inversion, but mid-course, is a dive loop. I think that anything with any kind of twist that enters into a downwards half loop is classed as a dive loop.

It's such a pretty coaster, but it's too bad that the ride will be predictable and force-less for the most part.

First CanobieFan & now Mike T :shock:

All kinds of peeps coming out of the woodwork this week! :--D

I don't think it'll be amazing, but I think it will be seriously fun! Not very intense but... hey.