What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Wild Eagle's are even less covered:

bpde9t4g00iikdrd8fl4ns.jpg

Once the trains are completed and on the track, I don't think it will be as noticeable. Although the chassis frame is pretty well covered on X-flight, I still hardly noticed it at all.

I like the gold and red, it makes it vaguely look like a bird swooping through the sky (blue track). And I quite like the eyes as well.

Personally I really like the eyes on the train...in addition there will be some 100 more lights scattered throughout the coaster and the trains. If CP keeps these lights maintained I think it will be very cool to see at night!

Snoo said:
$10 those eyes arent working mid way through the season and never turn on again.
My exact thoughts!

Cedar Point does not have a good track record of keeping lighting on. maXair and Skyhawk both opened with burnt out lights on their first day. Maverick's tunnel lighting is dodgy at best, having already been stripped of the misters which now reside in Shoot the Rapids' tunnel.

Take a picture of the lighting effect. It will last longer.

^That.

As for the colors, I like them. I think they're very striking and will without a doubt catch the eyes of all who walk below it - exactly as intended.

Ok, i forgot Wild Eagles cars...ew!

Maybe seeing them fly over the gate will get me in a better mood about these. The led lights are ok...but with Swarm being my home wingrider obviously i'm going to be harsh on appearances of other wingriders cool)

To answer all: Yes, the frame bar will be hidden, as its depicted in the ride rendering. You can see the red restraints and red seating.

7782035644_e03424c77b_o.jpg

I also just now realized the new layout of the new entrance. Sorry if this is rehash, but the new ticket booths will be located off to the right, which opens up the view for GateKeeper. Season pass center will remain where it always has on the left, and poor Guest Services right underneath the GateKeeper keyhole inversions. Makes so much more sense now!

GK_frontgaterender.jpg

Looking at the webcam now, it appears that we are only two track pieces away from having a completed circuit!

419875_423945064356024_1131383844_n.jpg

*Edited from live cam to still shot. - ECG

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjjZGyYcH9E[/youtube]

The nature of the wing rider train is that it's rather ugly, and I think it's odd there's no generic covering to make it look less like bare hardware provided by B&M.

I quite like the topper for this, it's a massive step up from the hideous wild eagle trains... But I wonder had Raptor and Swarm never been themed, would the others have bothered? Or is it simply that B&M haven't provided a generic cover, so parks are kind of having to to hide the bare hardware look?

GateKeeper was officially capped off at 2 EST.

524567_10151290488511463_1334581800_n.jpg

Begin barrage of test run discussion... now.

"It looks so slow. It's gonna suck." -negative nancies

"It looks so majestic OMG!"

"Fap." -CP fanboys

"Sex."- Snoo

"Meh, Swarm is better." 90% British members

Long winded paragraphs of the physics of why it is slower and what makes it roar, followed by another longer response disagreeing with one discrepancy, this leads to 3 members having a page conversation where they all agree with each other, except about one thing.

That will sum up the next ten pages of this topic.

kadabrium said:
Am I the only one who do not like the lowered seats on these coasters?
The bent and downward protruding arms look prominently awkward (or awkwardly prominent?) especially when themed to bird wings or the like.
I feel the same! I don't see the reason to lower the seats at all? It kind of destroy the purpose of the wingrider. Ok, so I haven't been on one of the B&M versions. But to me a wing rider should be all about freedom and an unbstructed view in every direction, much like Furius Baco which succed in this aspect!

The reason for B&M to lower the seating has to do with the strength of the train? And in that aspect the B&M wingrider is a success since Furius Baco (with seats leveled with the track) suffers from bad vibrations. But the lowered seating at the same time destroys the meaning of having a wing rider. The wing rider to me is an upgrade from the invert where your feet are dangeling but the big bulky B&M spine above you block your view. On Furius Baco you got your feet dangeling and an unobstructed view above/below and right/left to you. B&M wing riders on the other hand got a big bulky spine to the side of you, kind of just changeing around the problem with the invert!

The seat height doesn't bother me, but then I'm tall enough to always be looking over it. I'm surprised this is a issue for you since you're a good bit taller than I am. Or are you speaking on Katia's behalf? :wink: