What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Record tallest roller coaster with a north facing lift hill located on a peninsula.

World's tallest roller coaster with a wooden structure?
World's tallest coaster designed by RMC?
World's tallest RMC Hybrid?
World's tallest hybrid?
World's tallest coaster renovation?

The list can go on as long as you'd like it to.

World's tallest roller coaster with a wooden structure?
World's tallest coaster designed by RMC?
World's tallest RMC Hybrid?
World's tallest hybrid?
World's tallest coaster renovation?

The list can go on as long as you'd like it to.
As I anticipate it shall from Cedar Point marketing. :p They could also probably go after most inversions or longest RMC. (Longest hybrid would still be the Ultimate)

As a recent example, pull up Valravn on Cedar Point's website, which declares "The tallest, fastest, longest dive coaster in the world."
https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/rides/valravn

Yeah, but all very tenuous. If its not the biggest, fastest or first not sure anyone (GP, marketing department) cares.
_we_ care that its a lovely shiny new coaster, but we are geeks.

I'd have thought the marketing will all be on "reborn", "meaner" etc rather than "tallest-RMC-in-Ohio"

Oh please, don't even joke about the prospect of it being named "Meaner Streak."

Be very surprised if that was the name, nor "Iron Streak" or anything like that (too SixFlags), but they are going have to play up the "resurrection" / "reborn" angle in some way to get the message across that its all-new rather than the same old ride with a orange paint-job.

I just hope its a normal, easy to read name by looking at it. Rugaru and Valravan... Just theme it well together with Maverick and Frontier Town and us Americans will love it. lol

People care about height and speed. Non goons oversell that **** so much. People say Twisted Colossus goes 100 mph and straight down and Goliath is 120 mph...I've heard it all. Don't act like record breaker don't sell. Easiest marketing campaign ever.

**** I still see busses with Full Throttle saying tallest loop in the world. 3 years later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Marketing departments do look into those type of records and statements because it helps them with national and international recognition for their products. Those types of statements aren't necessarily for general public and direct marketing B2C, they're a lot of the time developed for B2B marketing (park directly to media outlets and news), and have much more recognition and interest than just plain 200ft, 80º drop, 4 inversions etc... They've got more gravitas and pull.

^ Which is exactly why over 2/3 of Cedar Point's roller coasters opened as breaking some world record.

Precisely. I think an analogy to make it simpler would be to imagine a spider. The main body of the spider is the record, publicity and compelling statements, the legs are the news media that pick it up and the hairs on the spider's legs (general public). There are also hairs all over the spider's body itself (guests that pick up the story directly), but the main bulk apart from the story is that of the legs. That to me is exactly how I see it.

Precisely. I think an analogy to make it simpler would be to imagine a spider. The main body of the spider is the record, publicity and compelling statements, the legs are the news media that pick it up and the hairs on the spider's legs (general public). There are also hairs all over the spider's body itself (guests that pick up the story directly), but the main bulk apart from the story is that of the legs. That to me is exactly how I see it.
Are... are you feeling okay? ;)

Saw this posted on Reddit, that hill appears to be pretty much complete now.

nh21evdv3ijy.jpg