What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Skyrush has been documented as -2G, I'm unaware of anything with a higher number than that, think I made a topic a few years ago about it, probably lost in the depths of CF now.

:emoji_zipper_mouth:ing tired of the teasers, just post a proper POV!

Also @Lofty , Storm Chaser's hills felt way more intense than Skyrush's so I'd imagine it spikes at 2+.
Being that Skyrush has some of the most intense negatives I've ever experienced, that's really saying something. How would you compare the SC hills to the Toro RT hill?

Being that Skyrush has some of the most intense negatives I've ever experienced, that's really saying something. How would you compare the SC hills to the Toro RT hill?

It has been too long since I rode El Toro so it would be difficult to compare. I don't remember Toro producing the same feeling of your insides wanting to rip out from inside you, though.

And haha @Lofty the faces were classic!

I wouldn't expect a a full POV until people ride it. I'm pretty sure the first full POV of Twisted Timbers didn't come out until the afternoon of Media day.

31725aedfef5db309a7a918b2bebe728.png

They're almost too much! It's not a coaster I could marathon whatsoever. I started to get a headache after 3 rides in a row.
Did 8 or 10 rides with one train off in between essentially. My body was wrecked that night and the next day. Worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rode El Toro three times in a row once, F'ed me up for several hours.
I cannot wait for an actual POV and to actually ride this!
I've only bought Fast Lane Plus once since I had a limited amount of time I was able to be at CP that day and the FLP queue for Maverick was still 30 minutes compared to about 90 minutes for the regular queue. I would imagine the FLP queue for SV will be crazy as well, especially over the summer.

Really? I rode El Toro good dozen times in a row. Loved it all. My thighs were bruised slightly but loved it. :D

I can see how front row might feel sluggish immediately after the first inversion. It will be hemorrhaging speed going up that hill for the maneuver, and you'll be somewhat waiting for the rest of the train to finish the inversion before it can push you down the dip under the lift hill. Its just the nature of the design. I bet the speed of the spin will be plenty though, and we'll probably be glad it isn't going any faster.

So I guess that's confirmation that Steel Vengeance will be open at the start of the season on... 5th May, I believe?

^ It's a longer answer: Cedar Point will be previewing Steel Vengeance starting on April 30th (The Monday before) to season pass holders as part of a FrontierTown Hoedown evening special. The first full day of operation will be May 4 for Ohio State Day at the park, and the park's official opening day will be May 5th. Here's a Facebook event for the Hoedown posted by GOCC:

We also have another view of the barrel roll coming round the final stretch. I imagine they'll keep leaking these views in the run up to the full POV release:

^ It's a longer answer: Cedar Point will be previewing Steel Vengeance starting on April 30th (The Monday before) to season pass holders as part of a FrontierTown Hoedown evening special. The first full day of operation will be May 4 for Ohio State Day at the park, and the park's official opening day will be May 5th.
Ah right. Thanks @Hyde! So 30th April is sort of like a press day and 4th May is sort of like a soft opening, with 5th May being the official opening, yes?