What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Alright, I'm not gonna bother going through and removing things here and there..

So anyway:
Ben, Jake, UC-- no more. I don't want to see you go at each other again. Just post. Next time I see anything that degrades into insults, you're getting banned. I don't care who started it. Keep that in mind. You won't get any notification.

Anyway, back on topic now.

The ride looks good... I'm wondering how long it's gonna be until everything is finished. I wonder how much longer they have to factor into construction time with the northern winters. Anyway, looking forward to seeing it keep going after Christmas.

^ Luckily Kings Island is in southern Ohio and doesn't see the same harsh northern Ohio winter (i.e. Maverick's construction).

As long as the footers are in place, construction will be able to progress easily with erecting the track pieces through the winter.

My opinion: I like floater air (0 g) better than ejector air (- g). That is why I like B & M megas more than others' hypers. [IE. Apollo's, Goliath, and Nitro are better than Magnum, Steel Force, and Superman (SFA).] With Millennium, it was all about drops and speed.

cool) cool) MERRY CHRISTMAS !! cool) cool)

No word on train sightings yet, though if the construction proceeds similar to other Cedar Fair coasters, we should be seeing some trains on site soon.

Here are a couple progress pictures I grabbed off of the webcam.

You can see the hammerhead turn is nearly complete and construction has begun to pick up on the final helix.

C-paw-1.png

C-paw-1.png

C-paw-1.png

I happened to drive past Diamondback yesterday and the progress is rather noticeable, the second and third hills breaking the treeline very well with the hammerhead lingering behind.

And to think, the day before on my way back from the Orange Bowl I saw Kraken, Hulk, and DD. :lol:

Sorry, did I mention I am still recuperating from a non-stop 24 hour bus ride from Miami to Cincinnati? :razz:

Picture6-6.png

Picture7-4.png

Picture5-4.png

I really wanna do this...

A rare 'In opening year' coaster to add to the list I hope...

I think it'll only hit the 'fun' button though, if it ends up being similar to Silver Star...

That turnaround is a bit eh. I've been a bit eh about that part since we saw the layout though. It's too like Nitro's, which is rubbish compared to the AWESOME one on Behemoth.

Still, this is looking to be a thing of art. And I'm entirely planning by hook or by crook to get there next year.

That helix is going to be awesome to walk under this year. It's like a little support thicket. The hammerhead does look very wide compared to Behemoth's

I can be in the "B&M Hypers are lame, no air" brigade at times, but for the most part, I think these rides are pure fun. Hope to get to this one day.

I qyuiete like the look of the turnaround it looks really hot!

This coaster has actualy started to creep up on me alot more lately, think I'm gunna actualy follow construction instead of just looking at it when I'm bored!

rollerdude said:
That helix is going to be awesome to walk under this year. It's like a little support thicket.
I still will miss the group of trees for Beast's entrance that was torn down for that helix.

You would think that if they put that spot in the middle of the helix like it shows in the video it would make up eventually. I hope they plant trees in the middle of it.

rollerdude said:
You would think that if they put that spot in the middle of the helix like it shows in the video it would make up eventually. I hope they plant trees in the middle of it.
The trees are added for artistic effect in the computer rendering, they won't be there in real life.

New blog entry:

The construction of the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to ever strike Kings Island continues. The construction of the first helix after the hammerhead is near completion, and vertical supports are in place in the area where the second helix will go outside the Beast entrance. It won't be long before track piece #129 goes into place after the splashdown, completing the construction of the 5,282-foot steel coaster.

While the construction of Diamondback heads down the stretch, the park is preparing for the arrival of the trains. The trains are coming from Switzerland, and they'll begin arriving in half-train increments.

The trains on Diamondback will feature unique, open-air stadium-style seating that will allow riders to experience an unobstructed view of all the thrills and excitement on the world's best new roller coaster.

Kings Island will be the first park in the United States with trains of this style on a roller coaster.

Is it April 18 yet?

Hopefully they'll take some pictures soon. It sounds like they've really constructed a lot since the last update.

Nemesis Inferno said:
I really wanna do this...

A rare 'In opening year' coaster to add to the list I hope...

I think it'll only hit the 'fun' button though, if it ends up being similar to Silver Star...

If it ends up being like Silver Star that would be such a shame. That was not fun it was a bore.

Well if you guys are right about Silver Star, I'd lay my right testicle on this being a LOT better.

It should be more like Behemoth - ie., amazing.

Certain people just underestimate the new trains and the difference they make because they're bitter (not you guys, obviously).