What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

Dollywood should teach other parks on how to build stuff fast. :p

That is gorgeous. I can't wait for this to get to the Quad down.

^No, sarcasm. It's only 5 hours away from me and I'm going to an event for this, no need to be jealous at all. It looks amazing!

screamsource on Instagram just posted this fantastic picture of the ride's predrop and drop.

https://instagram.com/p/92EK98qDlX/

2 things:

1) There does appear to be a tunnel at the crest of the launch

2)
8697763.gif

<3

Front row on this will be **** fantastic, being 'pushed' over both of those hills... yes!

Well, back row too, being dragged over both of these hills.

Oh... and middle, you know what, **** it, all of this.

Goodness me...

That trip to Dollywood I've been musing about is becoming more appealing with every picture I see of this thing! :lol:

I think Oprah was consulted on this. You get ejector, you get ejecter, everybody gets ejectorrrrr!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well that does look pretty great! It's not got as many of the really rapid banking transitions, which is good (they're not my favourite bit of the RMCs), but the layout still looks really good!

That quadruple-down looks fantastic. :D

So now this has a VR experience on Google Cardboard/Android

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukqlm2H_9K4[/youtube]
From In The Loop's IAAPA coverage

Edited to show real info. -GWAS

Fixed the YouTube link for you - go to 02:35 - Hixee

Thats a shame. On a parking lot coaster like Scream I'd say "Go for it!" but this is already in a very nice setting.

Im sure they'd be great on some coasters but I really DON'T want VR on coasters to become mainstream. They're coasters not simulators at the end of the day.

I think your comment is slightly misleading GuyWithAStick - I don't think they're talking about VR headsets, but 3D 360° videos on YouTube.

At least, that's how it sounded to me. Has anyone else actually watched the video?