What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Got the opportunity to ride Hyperion 8 times today, including twice at the front, and 4x at the back!

I really like it, but it does comes short of my (unreasonably high) expectations. The drop is great and so is the first hill - though not as powerful as EGF or Toro. The Twist n' Dive brilliantly mixes floater air with a sudden whip to turn you upside down. It is hands down my favourite element of the ride! First Stengel Dive is fun but not as snappy as Maverick's.

The second big camelback is, predictably, the weaker moment of the coaster. Think MF's huge airtime hills, but with a slight but noticeable rattle in addition :(

The small hops are similar to Steel Vengeance's, and the second Stengel Dive delivers some good laterals imo. The overbanked and S-turn are alright, and definitely get better by the day. Solid airtime on the twisted hill, and excellent ejector on the final bunny hop :)

So yeah, it could have been more, but it's still pretty good - just not in the same league as Toro or Taron.

VziNOw3.jpg

15HhubZ.jpg

HggStvq.jpg

Got the opportunity to ride Hyperion 8 times today, including twice at the front, and 4x at the back!

I really like it, but it does comes short of my (unreasonably high) expectations. The drop is great and so is the first hill - though not as powerful as EGF or Toro. The Twist n' Dive brilliantly mixes floater air with a sudden whip to turn you upside down. First Stengel Dive is fun but not as snappy as Maverick's.

The second big camelback is, predictably, the weaker moment of the coaster. Think MF's huge airtime hills, but with a slight but noticeable rattle in addition :(

The small hops are similar to Steel Vengeance's, and the second Stengel Dive delivers some good laterals imo. The overbanked and S-turn are alright, and definitely get better by the day. Solid airtime on the twisted hill, and excellent ejector on the final bunny hop :)

So yeah, it could have been more, but it's still pretty good - just not in the same league as Toro or Taron.

VziNOw3.jpg

15HhubZ.jpg

HggStvq.jpg
Was this #200, out of interest, @Coaster Hipster? Or was it #199?

Interesting to see that you thought the ride was weaker than you expected. The reviews of Hyperion so far don't seem to be quite as glowing as people thought they would be when the ride was being constructed, which is a shame. Although I reckon it might be one of those coasters where the reviews get progressively better over time.

It'd probably still be one of my favourite coasters, though! I love a good bit of floater air!

I think based on these reviews, I wont be coming here until they get the RMC because there is a 100% guarantee that it will be awesome!

The reviews of Hyperion so far don't seem to be quite as glowing as people thought they would be when the ride was being constructed, which is a shame. Although I reckon it might be one of those coasters where the reviews get progressively better over time.
I think a lot of people, including myself, just had very high expectations as we saw it being built. It's interesting, we see a big ass hyper being built in Europe, and by Intamin, so naturally everyone's excited given the reputation of Intamin's hyper coasters. It doesn't sound like it's mind blowing, but it doesn't need to be. It seems like a great ride (based off the two reviews we've seen on this thread) and I think people will have a good time with this.

I think we all just overhyped this thing a bit. It's obviously not a world-beater in terms of forces, but considering that both of my top 2 coasters are Intamins that didn't have glowing reviews before I've first ridden them (Taron hype only came around when people started clocking in night rides), that doesn't diminish my expectations for the ride. And considering I've recently made a lot of new Polish friends, I wouldn't mind going there more often than the average enthusiast would (though I still envy the Brits their low-cost connections to the country). :p

I think a lot of people, including myself, just had very high expectations as we saw it being built. It's interesting, we see a big ass hyper being built in Europe, and by Intamin, so naturally everyone's excited given the reputation of Intamin's hyper coasters. It doesn't sound like it's mind blowing, but it doesn't need to be. It seems like a great ride (based off the two reviews we've seen on this thread) and I think people will have a good time with this.
I reckon it'd still be among my top coasters if I were to ride it!

He's French but clearly of Asian descent. Not that it matters though.
Yeah hey guy.. that was.. the joke..

I think we all just overhyped this thing a bit. It's obviously not a world-beater in terms of forces, but considering that both of my top 2 coasters are Intamins that didn't have glowing reviews before I've first ridden them (Taron hype only came around when people started clocking in night rides), that doesn't diminish my expectations for the ride. And considering I've recently made a lot of new Polish friends, I wouldn't mind going there more often than the average enthusiast would (though I still envy the Brits their low-cost connections to the country). :p

Speak for yourself good sir. :p I was ostracized for saying it wouldn't be a world beater. LOOK AT ME NOW!!!!
tumblr_inline_o3aevq06yf1qz581w_500.gif

Should have gotten the Vekoma
I thought you were making a Coaster Studios reference then. Basically, in his parodies, there is a character who says "Should've gotten a B&M" but she once said "Should've gotten a Vekoma".