What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

Re: Gardaland | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

I noticed that too bob_3, I guess this could have a very similar layout to Krake, with drop> immelman then finish wrapping around the drop tower.

Three ride types I drool over: B&M gigas, wing, & dive coasters! I am oh so very excited for this!! I would like the announcement to come up already but their marketing is always a pleasure. If rumors are true, I'm very excited to finally see an inline twist/corkscrew like inversion on these bad b!t*hs!! ;D

Looks like someone needs to update this topic a bit....

314495d1413048413-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-img_7256.jpg

314501d1413048413-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-img_7262.jpg

314499d1413048413-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-img_7260.jpg

314502d1413048413-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-img_7263.jpg

Source: Coasterfriends.de

Parksmania have also uploaded an interesting video where they speak to a guy from Merlin who confirms this will have several inversions...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF4UYLdlJRA&list=UUOaVN5GL-_mHo_hUsbcnimg[/youtube]

I'm so excited for this! The area kind of looks un-real and I can't wait for the official announcement! :D

"The track is going to be white, and that's fairly unusual."

Is he kidding? He should go to Heide Park :p .

Anyway, looks awesome. Shame it isn't going to be bigger though. We have enough small ones over here in mainland Europe.

^ If you wish for a big roller coaster being erected, then Gardaland is surely one of your worst bets for it. It seems that the imposed height restriction is still a thing over there. :)

^ Ah, didn't know about that. Then it makes sense yeah.

“The first thing to underline is that this rollercoaster is going to be epic – continues enthusiastically Nick Mackenzie – It will be a track with inversions, heights up to 42 meters, inclinations of over 85 degrees and a speed that will reach 100 km/h. But the real pluses will be the theming, in harmony with the chosen area for the attraction and the richness of the special effects: from the path leading to the attraction all the way to the boarding area and, ultimately, to the out and out experience on the rollercoaster”.

Sounds exciting.

This is from a blog post on the website http://www.gardalandblog.it/category/news-in-english/

AltonShowers said:
Quote:
“The first thing to underline is that this rollercoaster is going to be epic – continues enthusiastically Nick Mackenzie – It will be a track with inversions, heights up to 42 meters, inclinations of over 85 degrees and a speed that will reach 100 km/h. But the real pluses will be the theming, in harmony with the chosen area for the attraction and the richness of the special effects: from the path leading to the attraction all the way to the boarding area and, ultimately, to the out and out experience on the rollercoaster”.
Wait...why would they say over 85 degrees instead of saying it's a 90 degree drop? Or is this dive machine not going to have a vertical drop?

Hobbes said:
AltonShowers said:
Quote:
Wait...why would they say over 85 degrees instead of saying it's a 90 degree drop? Or is this dive machine not going to have a vertical drop?

Well Oblivion is only 87 degrees so yeah.

^Yes, but I was under the impression that more recent dive machines actually had 90 degree drops. So did Gardaland choose to not have a 90 degree drop for some reason, or was it poor word choice?

Hobbes said:
^Yes, but I was under the impression that more recent dive machines actually had 90 degree drops. So did Gardaland choose to not have a 90 degree drop for some reason, or was it poor word choice?

I believe it was poor word choice. The first of Peep's four images seems to show that the drop will be exactly 90 degrees.

The inclination being talked about is realistically an overbanked turn. I'm sure it'll have a vertical drop.

The first pic looks like one of those El Loco outside turns. Wonder how that'll turn out.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I'm sure it'll be great and all but that colour is **** ugly.