What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

RCS is doing what they do best!

1157590_498145796944448_1954046283_n.jpg

Right, my bet is on Swarm drop, loop and then immelmann then.

I really am not the biggest fan of immelmanns. They just don't have that much forces tbh.

^ I agree with you in most cases, but on rides where you can sit on the wing of the track, immelmanns can provide good floater, e.g. on dive coasters. This means hopefully, assuming this is an immelman, that it will be better than most.

The Immelmann on Krake is one of my favorite inversions, so this should be good too, if it indeed is an Immelmann. - It could be a Dive Loop as well.

^Agreed, the immelman on Krake is superb! I believe the reason to why it is so good has to do with the shorter trains though. Krake does not do the standard slow down at the apex of loops as other B&M's like sitdowns and inverts (with long trains) usually does.

^^^Wild Eagle's immelmmann was just OK. You do get a bit of floater air on the flip, but not really a lot tbh.

Though it was a couple years ago, I remember both immelmanns on Chinese Fireball quite intense! But yes, immelmanns aren't really that forceful, but I don't hate, I actually really like them. If they offer hangtime (or intensity!), I'm up for it!

I'll agree with the love for Immelmanns on wide trains. Sheikra's provided so much hangtime :--D

Anyone have any idea if we're getting a layout for this (or did I somehow miss it?)

Anyone have any idea if we're getting a layout for this (or did I somehow miss it?)
Well you haven't missed it, they haven't been released. Thats why there's a lot of speculation about the layout. I doubt the plans are going to be released now at this stage, but I'm not sure.

I found a couple of old historic pics of that area of the park and the log ride from the early 90s

Heidepark_Soltau-Bobbahn-1993-0001.jpg

14571980.jpg

_heidepark_61.jpg

To me it was my favourite log flume of all I've been on. So glad I got to ride it in it's final year.

I love the last picture. I was really peeved as i missed it by a year and it looked like a really good and unique flume. However, the new wing coaster should be good.

It was unique indeed alone for that facts that:
- it was a Schwarzkopf log flume (can't recall any other Schwarzkopf log flumes)
- It was relocated from a park that shut down (Eulenspiegel Park)
- The entire hill on which Scream, the bobsled etc. is on was just created to adapt the land for the ride which was being relocated to Heide Park.

Here is a pov of the old log flume from both Eulenspiegel Park and Heide Park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBEHGOxsrDk

But I'm definitely looking forward to the new coaster!

Ethan said:
Right, my bet is on Swarm drop, loop and then immelmann then.

As much as I would love a loop after the drop, I'm guessing zero-g-roll.

^ Now I've seen the size of that immelman (which is massive), you might be right. The lift hill is going to be much higher than I thought it was going to be.

Still, I want a loop <3

I know right .... the base of the Immelman looks massive!