What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

This is exactly what happened to Th13teen, not good at least this didn't bump into the train in the station. Thank god no one was hurt here

Scary! GOOD thing there was no train in the station! Obviously some fine tuning is still required. Those coasters need to be in top shape because they are intense. The Mindbender at Galaxyland was quite something!!!

Aight so the Definitely American Triple Loop managed to open this past weekend without further incident, apparently it runs butter smooth. Still the one train right now, although as a condolence they've managed to return smooth two-train operations to Steel Hawg.
IMG_5877.jpg

However, the park has seen another swath of improvements to compliment its debut and is probably in the best shape they've been in years. Will relay my friend's experiences (I haven't been since it was under Apex);

Cyclone (used Zyklon picked up from Mexico in 2022) has awarded a new sign and snazzy red and black repaint. It sits in the middle of the waterslides where the old Galaxi (1971 - 2013) used to be and runs that ride's cars, also butter smooth since the previous owner took care of it. Obvious that they've built up another winner for their lineup.
Cyclone.png

Other rides have received work. All three wooden coasters are reportedly running the fastest and smoothest they have in years, and a much-needed new shade canopy has gone up over Lost Coaster's cattle grid. The Skyride supports have also been repainted to white with red tops. New food options exist around the boardwalk.
LostSkyride.png

In terms of more to come the La Feria Traumboot is hoped to open this season (wouldn't hold your breath) and the recently-acquired King Chaos top spin (has sat in Six Flags Great America's graveyard since 2017) is intended for Indiana Beach in the long term. Heaven knows where they'd put it but it won't go to Niagara or Clementon.
Snapinsta.app_442679377_2396525924069588_4449837246907675203_n_1080.jpg

Photos from Thrillseekersandhellraisers and OneClickGang on Insta

Jesus Christ. I've never seen anything like that before. I'd be amazed if OSHA or whatever they are in America (would be HSE here in the UK) aren't stopping operations now.

Ride should be condemned.
Quoting my post from two months ago. Shocking.

This ride has had a rather rocky time at Indiana Beach so far, hasn't it?

I think they need to install anti-rollbacks on that lift hill as a matter of urgency, and I'm stunned that they didn't after it happened the first time. The fact that the ride has slid down the lift hill at least twice (someone on that Twitter post is claiming that it's happened "a few times", for what it's worth) within the space of only two months is not good news at all, and it's a huge relief that the ride only runs one train. If it ran multiple trains, that could have ended catastrophically...

On a side note, I've also heard from multiple sources that the ride is hideously rough... that surprises me, because as much as I didn't rate Olympia Looping, I have to admit that it was absolutely glass smooth.

Last edited:
On a side note, I've also heard from multiple sources that the ride is hideously rough... that surprises me, because as much as I didn't rate Olympia Looping, I have to admit that it was absolutely glass smooth.
At it's previous home it ran too fast and with lax maintenance, and by what I've heard a good part of the layout is still smooth as a Schwarzkopf should be but the transitions into the loops are the parts that are headache inducingly rough, and of course a couple really rough spots ruin the whole for many.

Bit dramatic, many Schwarzkopf's run with only lap bars. Granted the park hasn't been 100% but lap bars won't change that
No, I actually think that the fact this ride still has an operating permit after the two accidents is unacceptable. Especially when it's something readily solved. Granted it's not the park issuing themselves the permit, but that still doesn't mean it should be. I'd have a very hard time believing you'd get that ride open in the UK/Europe after two identical accidents like that.

Agreed that many coasters run lapbars only, and do so absolutely fine, but it's the almost show-boating nature of the post that irritates me. You're operating a ride that has proven itself to be dangerous, and are now revelling in being able to cut things back even further. Something doesn't sit right with me there.

I really hope I'm wrong, but it feels like only a matter of time.

^ Yup, I don't think removing the shoulder harnesses changes anything, most probably changes what kind (not how bad, but what kind) of injury people get in case of an incident but as taboo as it is to say as a coaster enthusiast this Schwarzkopf probably belongs in the scrapyard.

Either that or needs a much heavier refurb than what Indiana Beach seems to be willing to budget for.

Tbf, the cause of either incident seem to have been with the lack of proper anti-rollbacks, not so much to do with the restraints. I'll be more concerned if it's going to keep operating without any further modifications to the lift/trains.

Tbf, the cause of either incident seem to have been with the lack of proper anti-rollbacks, not so much to do with the restraints. I'll be more concerned if it's going to keep operating without any further modifications to the lift/trains.
The cause of both accidents was the anti-rollbacks, that is well known. The issue is that they're going to the effort to modify the trains to remove the OTSRs for a minor comfort improvement, and not bothering (at least publicly stating the fact) to go to the effort of fixing the fundamentally dangerous issue.

How does any roller coaster get a permit to operate without anti-rollbacks on the lift hill?

I'm no ride inspector, but that seems like one of the very first boxes you'd wanna check off.

The cause of both accidents was the anti-rollbacks, that is well known. The issue is that they're going to the effort to modify the trains to remove the OTSRs for a minor comfort improvement, and not bothering (at least publicly stating the fact) to go to the effort of fixing the fundamentally dangerous issue.
Excuse my ignorance but was anyone hurt or in any real danger during those rollbacks? In the video of the incident the descent/rollback looks controlled and the passengers did not appear to be hurt. I am all in favor of calling out parks doing sketchy or unsafe practices, but I think the concern over this ride is overblown. How is it IB’s fault that the ride had an accident back in 2019? They turned the brakes back on and the train now climbs the second lift at normal speed. Additionally, the only part of the ride that was hurting riders was removed. I’ve never been to IB but what am I missing here? Just seems like they have taken the proper precautions (and like 3 years) to get this ride open and they are still getting ****.