What's new

Infusion Vs Nemesis

Which do you prefer?

• Infusion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
What it means is that BTR is just a coaster on its own built onto a car park type plot of land

Well Batman: La Fuga is well themed, the second half of the layout may not have much landscaping but it is unnoticeable.
wbmw80.jpg

Picture from Themepark Review.

The only thing I dont like about Nemesis are those stall turns or whatever they are called.

and then in one day they rode both for the first time I don’t think anyone would pick BTR over Nemesis

I know what coasters I like and I know I prefer Batman more because for me it beats Nemesis in nearly every way.

If you want to continue this do it through pm's.

Why hasn't Rach posted yet! Haha!

Ormerod said:
bezzzzzer said:
So I've gone for Nemesis, but not by such a large gap as I would've originally expected.

Your view?

Jesus Bezzzzer ! What have you been smoking?

Haha I duno! I think it's because I ride Nemesis so frequently, I get 'used to' the thrill it gives, so it becomes less special. I kinda think this sums it up.

Coaster-Fiend said:
but since then I went on it so much that I got tired of it.

I'm suprised with Taylor too!

LiveForTheLaunch said:
I love the new colour scheme

Ugh, the colour scheme on Infusion is disgusting!

Maybe it's because I love blue, tis my favourite colour, but I think it's gorgeous! For me to say that about an SLC at Blackpool, it takes quite a lot!

bezzzzzer said:
Could be interesting.

Evidently not :lol:

Yeah, then I took a two year break from Alton.
Rode Nemesis again in 2006 and 07 and now love it again.

Infusion is crap, I was on it last week.

bezzzzzer said:
Why hasn't Rach posted yet! Haha!

Because i knew from thew moment i saw this topic that it was intended to be aimed towards me. I thought at first it was Patrick that had made this topic and had sunk so low.

Anyway.... because i was asked to post i will!

Infusion-
I rode Infusion 10 days after it opening. It was smooth for me, i had no head banging all the way around apart from on the 2nd inversion. Note that i rode it 10 days after opening and it had tipped it down just moments before i rode it, which made it better, a lot better shall i add it was quick and i actually noticed the water fountains. Which was an added bonus.

Nemesis-
I found Nemesis uncomfy and if a little boring. I have never said i think Nemesis is **** because it isn't. I do like Nemesis, and you'll find i will ride Nemesis every time i go to the towers even if i don't think its good. Imo it's not the best coaster at the Towers or the worst. Its average. That was the first time i rode it, its a whole different experiance at the back imo and i much prefer it at the back. Tis also a decent ride there to, but not at the front where i rode it originally and found it boring.
Basically i do like Nemesis. :roll:

Although saying that i would rather ride a decent inverter like Nemesis, where it is good sitting anywhere on the back 3 rows then Infusion where it is only just scrapping an ok at the back.

I don't understand how people find the B&M invert seats and OTSR's uncomfortable. They have gotta be the comfortable seating that exists.

By contrast the OTSR's on Infusion are terrible, they come right up to your ears and this means they get a proper bashing during the ride. I rode 10x last weds and it also has spine jolts on the corkscrews and Nemesis never does.

But then Rach, I'm not really sure I am on the same page as you...
First you say Nemesis is boring, then you like it, then you don't think it's good, then it's average, and finally you say it is decent... ? That doesn’t really make too much sense.

Coaster-Fiend said:
I don't understand how people find the B&M invert seats and OTSR's uncomfortable. They have gotta be the comfortable seating that exists.

By contrast the OTSR's on Infusion are terrible, they come right up to your ears and this means they get a proper bashing during the ride. I rode 10x last weds and it also has spine jolts on the corkscrews and Nemesis never does.

But... Minor_Furie found the restraints on Traumatizer very comfortable, and the ride didn't give him any headbanging. If you take that out of the equation, the SLC starts gaining quite a few points. The drop is pretty good (much better than Nemesis' first drop), and the ride has a constant fast pace. If you're not looking for high-G's, but for a consistently fast ride, then the SLC does pretty well in comparison, but you have to have all the right factors in place.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Am I one of the few outsiders (i.e. haven't ridden either ride) that finds it to be downright proposterous that an SLC with some water effects can possibly match what is consistantly stated by everyone as one of the best coasters built by one of the best manufacturors in the world?

Minor_Furie rates lots above Nemesis. His views are very similar to to airbabe's... And if we're bringing Coaster Count into it (ie experience), he's got 99 under his belt, including some big hitters like Balder, JO and the Alton Coasters.

Different people get different things from coasters. If you took a straw poll of the public on the way out from Alton Towers as to which was their favourite ride of the day, then it'd be air, closely followed by Rita. You might get Nemesis above Spinball Whizzer, but only because the queue on SW knocks it down a few points.

Point is, as enthusiasts, Nemesis is constantly rated highly. As far as which is universally liked "by all", it's probably well down on the list. Everybody else (millions of public) is wrong apart from us (a few thousand). So why not let a few people here agree with everyone else in the world?

Coaster-Fiend said:
But then Rach, I'm not really sure I am on the same page as you...
First you say Nemesis is boring, then you like it, then you don't think it's good, then it's average, and finally you say it is decent... ? That doesn’t really make too much sense.

No, you've mis-read her post.

She said her first ride, at the front of Nemesis was boring - which is pretty close. She then said that riding it at the back, it gives a good ride. So overall it's a decent ride. Not fantastic, but certainly not horse sh!te.

However, compared to the other Alton Coasters, it's average - but only in the context of Alton Towers. Again, that's a fair point, as an average Alton Coaster is still going to be a good coaster :)

So it's a decent coaster, which can sometimes be dull depending on where you sit, but in terms of Alton's coasters it's very average. Which I think is a very fair opinion of the ride to be honest. It's also almost exactly what Minor_Furie said too.

But likewise UC, Balder is universally adored by the coaster enthusiast community, but I didn't really rate it (well, not as highly as it should be rated according to other enthusiasts). My view on it is pretty much the same as airbabe's view of Nemesis. It's a bit boring at times, but has some absolutely great runs sometimes too. It's a decent ride, but not worth (imo) all the rave it gets.

Sometimes a coaster just doesn't tick all the correct "enthusiast" boxes for you. Balder didn't for me, and Nemesis didn't for airbabe (and a growing number of others). I don't see why somebody needs to be questioned over what is a perfectly reasonable view?

Now Ben's opinion need questioning, because he wont see it as reasonably, but that's something completely different :) :lol:

I don't think I miss read AIR babes post, it was just a bit indecisive.

Anyway all I have got to say is- there ain't nothing average about Nemesis, and if you want to ride a decent SLC- just ride JO. Infusion certainly is not a decent SLC.
BTW- Furie- I think the restraints have been changed since it was Traumatizer.

nemesis

infusion was an all right ride but it banged my head around a lot and it was nothing special
but nemesis was totaly amazing, it was an awsome ride and for me ranked #3 i just love it :D

HaHa, loving the poles lol, I see everybody has sense in nopt voting for Infu****, I hate that ****ing ride!

Nemesis all the way! I think everyone will agree with me that most B&M inverted coasters are better than Vekoma Compact Inverted Coasters (or SLC's or what ever they are called)

Ultimate Coaster said:
Another classic case of this is the Italian Jobs. Very few enthusiasts rate them highly, because their tame family coasters - however, the GP loves the things. So, if there was an enthusiast that came by and said to me, "Boy, I sure do love Italian Job!" - I'd question his views too.

Boy, I sure do love Italian Job!

Nemesis by all means the theming is amazing, the layout is great and it gives a completely different ride experience going down into the ground, speeding up as the ride goes on.

I can't believe there is even a debate about this! Nemesis all the way! Infusion isn't even a patch on it.