What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Oh wow, it looks so great with the top hat up!

One question though, how big are the trains going to be?

I like how the supports are a darker gray. It looks very sleek.

I just noticed that the station in the renderings is shaped like a head gaskets of an auto engine! That's delicious!

Thanks for posting the pictures. The ride and tophat look SWEET.

Can't wait to see the testing video.

Am I the only one that thinks there will be one hell of an "Intamin wobble?"

After RoS, Xcelerator, and Wicked Twister I can't believe they continue to build coasters like this and then have to come back and adjust the supports. I LOVE their rides - no doubt - but I'm predicting a "towel rack" will be installed after the first year.

Tom

Some new 'LARGE' photo updates from Miraforever.

http://www.miraforever.com/ispeed-mirab ... -2009.html

2rh5xsj.jpg

Thom25 said:
Thanks for posting the pictures. The ride and tophat look SWEET.

Can't wait to see the testing video.

Am I the only one that thinks there will be one hell of an "Intamin wobble?"

After RoS, Xcelerator, and Wicked Twister I can't believe they continue to build coasters like this and then have to come back and adjust the supports. I LOVE their rides - no doubt - but I'm predicting a "towel rack" will be installed after the first year.

Tom

Those are the older ones they had problems with.. I haven't seen any trouble since 2002 with that 'wobble' as you say.

Stealth, with nearly the same supports (and taller) is doing just fine.

Also.. are these supports really different from what we've seen in the past few Intamin steel's or is it just me?

The style was introduced on the Jetski Rescue coaster over at Sea World (not to be confused with SeaWorld) in Australia. I don't really understand the reasoning behind the sudden change (possibly cost?) but I do miss the older style and think that the newer style looks a bit economical and cheap.

It could be something to do with the height, as well as cost. They seem to be on all the turns, but they aren't on the tophat.

Gotta agree with you there. The box steel just looks.. awful.. It just doesn't look as sleek as the usual stuff. I hope all the future Intamin's won't go this route. Still, they're putting up the ride pretty darn fast and what they have looks really great. I'm really interested to see the final layout and if it's changed anymore then that 2nd concept art said. Looks really nice, though-- can't wait to see this running.

Would box steel just be a way of being cost efficient?
I understand that tubular supports are rolled sheets which would require more man hours and money to produce?

Fom looking at few of the re-creations of this coaster on Youtube, it appears to be very long, most probably the longest Intamin Accelerator there is. Is that right?

Also, sorry for reading throught this topic, but why is it called an Intamin LSM, as appose to Accelerator?

^^^ If you look through the whole series then you see that they add the last piece of track. But there is some supports beams still missing though, but the track is done.

^^ Probably, but I have to say that the boxed ones looks cooler then tubular ones. But making rolled tubular supports, then way that Intamin do them, is a pretty automated process.

^ It's a LSM since it uses magnetic LSM technology to launch the train instead of the hydraulic system the accelerator coasters use.

UC said:
This has far more in common with a ride like Maverick than it does with any Accelerator.

That's clearly bollocks, though.

I see a launch into a top hat, followed a by a layout. This same formula is present on five accelerators.

Just because it uses a different launch system, it doesn't mean it's nothing like an accelerator, which is what you are insinuating.

UC said:
You are kidding me, right?

You see a launch followed by a tophat and a layout, so that makes it an accelerator?

No.

But it does make it have more in common with an accelerator than a Maverick-style ride.

So essentially what you're saying is that because the ride has a tophat (because - guess what - Maverick has a layout too - as do most rides. As a matter of fact, it's really only ACCELERATORS that tend not to have actual layouts...), you ignore the fact that it uses the same launching system and train style as Maverick...?

As far as this type of ride is concerned, a launch is a launch - the method used to propel the train is irrelevant. Anyone just glancing at the ride would think, "Hmm, that looks like Xcelerator/Storm Runner/Kanonen/Superman Escape" before they compared it to Maverick.

The Anubis comment is ridiculous, as although, yes, it does have a top hat, it doesn't look anything like the Intamin ones.

In this case, the ride shares Maverick's launching system and trains. It's the same type of ride with a different layout.

I concede, I wasn't aware of the type of trains being used on this thing, however, having said that, aren't the Maverick trains essentially shortened accelerator trains?

It's not called an Accelerator because...guess what...it's not an Accelerator.

This has far more in common with a ride like Maverick than it does with any Accelerator.

Just to reiterate - it's only the second part I disagree with. I'm not at all suggesting this should be called an accelerator, I'm merely saying that it has more in common with one than it does with Maverick.

So, basically you're saying that iSpeed is the same as idk., Avatar Airbender, just becouse it uses LSMs? And the layout is irrelevant?

Vid_w said:
So, basically you're saying that iSpeed is the same as idk., Avatar Airbender, just becouse it uses LSMs? And the layout is irrelevant?

No.

He means that as this ride uses the same train type, and propulsion type and has a extensive layout (Like Maverick does) it would be more akin to Maverick than any other coaster.

I don't see it written anywhere, tho...
Dunno, might just be a whole new type...
They're just to different to be the same type...

Also, Intamin seems to love put rides into different groups. For instance, Furius Baco is under Wing Rider, even tho the layout and the launch system would fit into the same group as the Accelerators. Also, there's Fahrenheit, which is basically the smae type of layout as the Multy Inversion coasters, and the lift system is, I think, also the same, but it's a new type of coaster in Intamins terms.
Also, the megas, according to your theory, shouldn't be in the same group, since some use a cable lift, and the others a chain lift.