What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Re: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

Youngster Joey said:
rtotheizzo17 said:
I was hoping for a 10 inversion coaster. I counted 7, maybe 8. Must be going for height and speed record....

"but I think I saw 8 or 9 possible inversions as well. While not a world record, this would take the record for most inversions in America"

Screamscape

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

I don't care what he saw. I am looking at the layout, and the notes that other users have posted.

#1 Dive Loop
#2 Loop
#3 Zero-G
#4/5 Pretzel/Batwing/Whatever
#6 Loop
#7 Immlemen
Maybe #8 Helix/Corkscrew

And even of there is 9, I was hoping for 10. 9<10.

CPSFMMCW said:
Man...look at all that empty space that isn't used...

I really hope that all of the extra land will be used for further expansion down the road. It is quite disappointing to me that they have ALL that space to work with and they really don't even take advantage of it! That is if this "layout" is real...

Hi, sorry new here. (Didn't see an intro section) Been a coaster enthusiast forever.

Can someone help me understand scale-wise, how this fits. From the blue prints, and the pictures that have been rendered from them, I am having trouble understanding how they are stuffing a potentially 200ft + coaster in that space that is over lapping where the SOB was at one point.

There is SOB which was over 200 feet tall, but it just doesn't look like you can stuff a 200 foot invert in that outline of it's supposed track layout.

^ At this point height is unknown, though it is not difficult to fit a 200 ft. layout in the Son of Beast space as Son of Beast too was 200 ft. tall.

rtotheizzo17 said:
I don't care what he saw. I am looking at the layout, and the notes that other users have posted.

#1 Dive Loop
#2 Loop
#3 Zero-G
#4/5 Pretzel/Batwing/Whatever
#6 Loop
#7 Immlemen
Maybe #8 Helix/Corkscrew

And even of there is 9, I was hoping for 10. 9<10.
A quick look at the stats has 7 inversions as the largest count in the United States. A roller coaster with 8 inversions would take the U.S. record for most inversions, and most inversions in the world for an inverted roller coaster (assuming that it is indeed an inverted roller coaster).

If it were indeed an 8 inversion Invert, I would temper your disappointment over not having 10 inversions - you will still be receiving the most inversions on an inverted roller coaster ever.

Hyde244 said:
^ At this point height is unknown, though it is not difficult to fit a 200 ft. layout in the Son of Beast space as Son of Beast too was 200 ft. tall.
Sorry, it's a bit confusing. I am looking at some of the pictures that have been rendered with the layout overlapped on the photos. SOB used a lot of space for 200ft tall, and I understand it had a large foot print. I was just trying to picture it in my head with the layout.

I may just be going crazy or not remember properly, but isn't that pretzel loop/batwing (I'll call it the bat pretzel for now :p) perpendicular to the track where SoB's loop was? Maybe they did it on purpose or they'll build on that perhaps? Just something I noticed...

bentcookie said:
CPSFMMCW said:
Man...look at all that empty space that isn't used...

I really hope that all of the extra land will be used for further expansion down the road. It is quite disappointing to me that they have ALL that space to work with and they really don't even take advantage of it! That is if this "layout" is real...
I was thinking about this last night. I think in the distant future we could see the removal of Sling Shot and that area used to open up a path into all that unused space. I think the terrain is less even back there and they could eventually get that terrain giga or maybe a wing coaster back there. One thing's for sure, there's a LOT of land there. Last time I went I saw from the Eiffel Tower that it goes pretty far back. I even took a picture!

993037_653407664688264_2022864206_n.jpg

There's absolutely a great amount of space back there and I bet Kings Island eventually fills all of it up, and by the time that's full we can be almost certain that they'll have ripped out Vortex and Flight Deck to make room for more.

The layout does seem a little small for a height of 200+ feet... maybe it'll just go for an inversion record?

Who knows, but the sad part is that the entire layout will be completely visible from that picture spot.

^ I think anything is visible above the treeline from 300 ft. up in a tower.

And you are right Jarrett - Kings Island has a vast amount of land in its ownership. Plenty of room for expansion. Simply take a look on Google Maps of the vast stretches of maintenance roads that span through the forest plots.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.3420 ... -84.268460

^ For?

^^^ Meh, twas wrong on this one, but its all for good fun. Back when it was all rumor about KI getting something I was going either Giga or Invert since KI was in desperate need of a proper Invert. I just decided a giga would sound more fun and better.

Hyde244 said:

And you are right Jarrett - Kings Island has a vast amount of land in its ownership. Plenty of room for expansion. Simply take a look on Google Maps of the vast stretches of maintenance roads that span through the forest plots.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.3420 ... -84.268460

Yes and no. Beast is very well hidden. Even on Windseeker can you just see the path it takes, but only if you know what to look for. You wont be able to see the Invert from the path, but I was hoping that some of it would be hidden somewhat (which it can still be as I dont know how far down that area behind Adventure Express really is, and they may plant trees or something again).

For the layout, where is the MCBR at exactly?

Re: Kings Island |

Intricks said:
Hyde244 said:

Yes and no. Beast is very well hidden. Even on Windseeker can you just see the path it takes, but only if you know what to look for. You wont be able to see the Invert from the path, but I was hoping that some of it would be hidden somewhat (which it can still be as I dont know how far down that area behind Adventure Express really is, and they may plant trees or something again).

For the layout, where is the MCBR at exactly?
Well yes, Beast is well hidden, because it is below the treeline. That's what I was getting at; anything can be seen 300 ft. up when it is in clear sight and above the trees.

I envision a similar scenario to Diamondback. Of course you can see all of Diamondback from the Eiffel Tower, but from the path you can only see the first drop, and helix into the splash down. There is still a definitely veil of "mystery" to non-riders at ground level on the layout.

For MCBR placement, it could be placed right before that last helix. Bear in mind however that Raptor is the only Cedar Fair Invert to have a MCBR - Talon, Patriot, and Silver Bullet all go without. It could very well be possible that there will be no MCBR. (Though chances are there still will be)

insanecoastervids said:
That pretzel loop is most likely to be a Norwegian loop like Fahrenheit at Hershey park
That's what I was going for also, a pretzel loop on any non-flying type coaster would be absolutely INSANE, mostly because you would enter the inversion higher than when your actually upside down causing extreme forces for the prolonged period of being upside-down.

I get that, but I guess a bit of me was hoping that some of it would at least be hidden from that as well...more than the updated Batwing of course. If this is named Banshee, then I envisioned it in a more foresty area, not some trees on one side and wide open acreage on the othetr

And I dont even mean Beasts level of interactivity with the trees, at least SOMETHING could have been put into the foliage rather than nearby.