What's new

Nürburgring | Ring°Racer | S&S Compressed Air Launch

i think they need a lot more launch coasters with inversions. Im sick of all this Ring Racer stuff and Kingda Ka stuff. My favorite roller coasters are launch coasters that invert lots of times. That gets the thrills out of me

For all that it is, I think the layout looks fun, but then I could say the same about Stealth. That hill going into the building looks like it could give some good airtime. Of course, if I rode this, I'd probably like it whatever because I'm a sucker for launch coasters.

It seems that there has been some irregularities with the financing of this project.

It was supposed to be done using only private funding, but the village and/or regional government had to pick up most of the tab?

And some sort of dedication event already occured?

More when I learn how to read German.
;)

elmerfudd said:
marc said:
Its about the speed and breaking, its not about turns etc.

Yeah, but the whole point in the Nurburgring is to see how fast cars go round the track and also how well they turn the corners.

so surly they would have designed the rollercoaster to be similar? It just feels to me abit, plain. They need to do more, apart from the launch its abit pointless.

No Marc is totally correct. Formula 1 is about the speed (well it was until Max limited the size and capacity of the engines), and high force braking.

What you are saying here is that F1 cars drive at 180 and turn around sharp bends at 180 *facepalms*.

So they have designed the roller coaster to be similar. Very fast acceleration from a standing start, quick heavy braking, round a few corners and back again.

Can't wait to go on this next year. Dad has promised to drive me round the Nordschleife and then let me go on this whilst there! :p

elmerfudd said:
marc said:
Its about the speed and breaking, its not about turns etc.

Yeah, but the whole point in the Nurburgring is to see how fast cars go round the track and also how well they turn the corners.

so surly they would have designed the rollercoaster to be similar? It just feels to me abit, plain. They need to do more, apart from the launch its abit pointless.

Its at the new track not the old track btw.

I read F1 papers so I know the facts on this coaster, as I have said before the only reason it has a hill and corners is due to S&S, this was never the original idea. This coaster is not about airtime, droops, loops etc. Its about one thing and one thing only SPEED.

Neal you wrote:
No Marc is totally correct. Formula 1 is about the speed (well it was until Max limited the size and capacity of the engines), and high force braking.

What you are saying here is that F1 cars drive at 180 and turn around sharp bends at 180 *facepalms*.

So they have designed the roller coaster to be similar. Very fast acceleration from a standing start, quick heavy braking, round a few corners and back again.

F1 cars do turn corners at around 180! They need to drive fast round corners so that they have enough heat in the tyres in order to actually have grip on the track.

300px-Grand_Hotel_Hairpin.jpg

So they go round there at 180 do they?

*3rd facepalm*

'F1 cars do turn corners at around 180.'

I never ever said they go around every corner at 180mph did i? But trust me, they would go round that corner alot faster than you think. Did you watch the F1 today? All you had to do was watch that, which incidentally was at the nurburgring.

*facepalm*

^what?
There are road cars that have a top speed of like 190+ which wud generate quite alot of Gforce. They even have a Gforce gage on the dashboard, so saying that the average human wouldn't be able to cope with alot of gforce is rubbish.
I still think there should be more to the ride than a launch. Thats all.

Please give me one coaster that goes round a corner at 180 mph?

F1 drivers are trained to take the G Force of 4.5 g we the public are not.

If that coaster was to go round a corner at 180 mph people would hurt their necks. There is a corner on Goliath at Magic Mountain and people blacked out at 3g so they had to trim it and that was not going at 180 so please get your facts correct.

In order for people to be a passenger in an F1 car they need a medical and pass tests. Please do not talk to me about F1 stats I have been watching it for over 20 years and read books about it.

In Turkey there is one corner taken with high G and after a few laps a lot of F1 drivers necks have gone. This coaster is for the public not supermen.

I wasnt talking about the coaster, I was having a debate with Neal at the fact F1 cars can go around corners fast.

I missed all the padding before the qualifying and race, did I miss anything about the ring racer? (Except seeing the track veer to the side when in driver-cam and a few ariel shots!)

I spotted the train on track where it launches from when Martin Brundle was doing his walk around the grid but after that it was just helicopter shots showing bits of the track. I couldn't spot anything running around the track during the start of the race.