What's new

Nürburgring | Ring°Racer | S&S Compressed Air Launch

As I said in the other topic that got locked, my cousin is out there at the moment for the F1 and he's just sent back a load of photos.

dsc01096mjl.jpg

dsc01097ren.jpg

dsc01099dfo.jpg

dsc01100s.jpg

dsc01101.jpg

dsc01095j.jpg

dsc01098lyc.jpg

Looks pretty good. Not been following this coaster much at all. I can imagine it being pretty cool seeing the train fly through that indoor straight.
Does anyone have a picture showing the layout?

No idea. The only info i've got from him at the mo is that it's opening to the public on 15th August and has been doing a lot of testing with people on over the weekend.

I don't think they're advertising the price quite yet - it's not due to open for another month.

Does anyone have a picture showing the layout?

The layout is pretty much what is shown in the pictures. Some corners into the launch, into that wierd overbanked turn around thing, then a hill into the brake run. It's short and sweet.

Nice photos from your cousin Peter. That banked turned and drop looks pretty good and a lot larger than I would have guessed. I just hope the train keeps and good speed throughout it.

Just doing a bit of research on this to stick in On Track, I've unearthed the price I think.

For adults/teenagers it is looking at being €19.50 for a day pass.

That price includes the use of all attractions and shows there including Ring Racer.

There's more information at www.ring-werk.com (you may need a translator website to view the prices)

The coaster is opening to the public before the park is open, that is why there is confussion regarding the date.

The coaster is meant to be open next Monday and the park opens in August.

For now you can pay just to go on the coaster.

New video showing a montage of shots of when Schumacher rode it the other week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57LmkyPHK4[/youtube]

And also, the other day it hit a 'slight' problem when it was testing.

A rough translation from the Newsletter that Nurburgring sent out has been posted on TPR with a translation.

"Test rides of the racers ° ring interrupted

Dear journalists, editorial teams and colleagues,

the ring ° racer after its successful maiden voyage to the Formula 1 future, the fastest roller coaster in the world and in terms of acceleration and top speed. In cooperation with TÜV are therefore currently test drives to reach the final instead.

As part of today's tests is a technical defect in the pneumatic firing mechanism has occurred. The resulting blast was triggered around the Nürburgring clearly perceive. The car of the ring ° racers are undamaged. On the launcher now need further testing before repairs are carried out, whose exact duration is still unclear is. Thereafter, the test resumed.

The ring ° factory opens on 15th August together with the DTM motorsport highlight."

Taken from TPR

It should be ok by then Ben.

God that coaster is fast round them corners, its looks very smooth and the corners seem to have a really nice flow.

Do you reckon its on full speed on the launch in the video? I remember watching the previous one with Schumacher close up and it didn't look at all fast when launching. I know there was a problem so maybe it had something to do with that.

It looks good though going through all the elements and keeps a good bit of speed up even back into the building.

i havent heard much about this coaster yet.., im definately gonna give it a try when it opens though.

Last thing I herd, was that it have been delayed once again, due to lack of spare parts.

The experience center will now open without the coaster...