What's new

New Roller Coaster Concepts

Or is it a wingrider/flying dutchman design? Or perhaps a coaster where you're back is facing the side of the track?

Who knows!

yea any of them really designers should just start messing with seating layouts

it can make for a completely different ride

A mixture of air, nemesis & th13teen.
You travel the layout of nemesis, in the flying position of air, and with a th13teen type ending. Imagine the feeling that falling straight down towards the floor, only to stop a few inches above it would give.

How about a world's-fastest-launch, giga, multi-looping wooden coaster!!!!!1!11!1111 That's a good idea! /SARCASM/

Air + Nemesis + Th13teen sounds like two things-
1.) You ONLY go to Alton Towers and don't know about anything from anywhere else.
2.) Someone barfed roller coaster all over the place.

I know this is a slightly dead topic, but I just thought of one.

An Intamin Accelorator, that was meant to rollback.

^As wonderfully creative and imaginative as you are, it'd look something a bit like this I imagine...

hucje8o3808p001jvlv40f.jpg

But, what a wonderful, wonderful idea. Don't ever stomp on your buds of creativity.

What just happened here was very funny. Much love to everyone involved ;)

Please remember the rules. Check before posting. Have you:
Added anything to the discussion, or are you just nodding in agreement or posting for the sake of it?
Nic

^ A launched flyer would be fun...

After Raptor's success, the wingrider has become very popular and I believe that we'll be seeing some variations in it:

-The inverted wingrider (actually quite pointless)
-S&S wingrider
-Intamin wingrider (basically a perfected version of baco)
-Vekoma wingrider
-Wooden wingrider????
-Junior wingrider
-Compact wingrider
-Elongated wingrider (more seats outwards)

And probably more...what do you think?

I can't see a Vekoma wingrider, just.. No...
Inverted, it pretty much already is. Perhaps a junior one, not for a while, but Tivioli wouldn't make one, so who would? Next, Wooden? I don't know. And compact? What do you mean? Like an SLC, compact?

It's nice to see someone else that also sees the possibilities with the wingrider concept! :) Ever since I rode Baco the first time I've thought that the next natural step in roller coaster evolution is going to be the wing rider/walker!

I don't belive in the "inverted" wing rider etc though. And why inverted by the way? I see the wing rider as a solution to the inverted coaster shortcomings (the track above you and the blocked view). With the wing rider you get an unobstructed view with no floor and total freedom :--D

My idea of the wing rider concept would instead be to apply it to all kind of already existing coaster types. Ie loopers, hypers, launchers etc. It would be awesome to have an airtime ride with nothing underneath or above you, just dangeling free in the air! That would be my dream coaster for sure!!

Josh73 said:
Anyway, think that a launched flyer would be fun.
CoasterCrazy said:
I think a launched flyer would raise far too many issues with blood loss from the head. ;)

Re: Re: New Roller Coaster Concepts

CoasterCrazy said:

After Raptor's success, the wingrider has become very popular and I believe that we'll be seeing some variations in it:

-The inverted wingrider (actually quite pointless)
-S&S wingrider
-Intamin wingrider (basically a perfected version of baco)
-Vekoma wingrider
-Wooden wingrider????
-Junior wingrider
-Compact wingrider
-Elongated wingrider (more seats outwards)

And probably more...what do you think?

In order of your bulletins:
- As you said, pointless
- Why do they need one when they have a 4D?
- Skyrush, look it up sometime ;)
- No...just, no...
- Would be too heavy, wouldnt work like you would want it to.
- Possible, but it would be incedibly slow and boring for all those involved, and a bigger hassle than necessary
- Read the above answer
- Weight issues overall would render that one pointless.

Switching between the hideouts'...

^^Loss of blood from the head? Surely in terms of that it'd be the same as the S&S Towers, since the force is moving towards the feet in both ideas? And there's a couple of them around.

Or, indeed, any ride with positives pushes blood away from the head...

hixee said:
I think a launched flyer would raise far too many issues with blood loss from the head.

That's the fun of it! ;)

But I don't think there would be many problems, as Ben said.