What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

You don't need .3ds to build paths, you can place footers next to each other to make a path. Sure, it doesn't look that good, but better than nothing.

This heartline thing, it would be a good idea to place the heartline, not the track, and build the track around it. For example, you want to build an inline twist, you draw a straight line for the heartline, and the track forms underneath it, like the heartline appears above the track now. Then you bank the track to go through 360 degrees, and the editor moves the track to keep to the heartline you made.
Just a thought but would make it much easier

Blaze, that is exactly what ole meant with:
Ole said:
For heartlined coasters, there is also an option to build a coaster specifying the heart-line spline directly instead of the center of track, which will also make things more professional and straight forward.
It's a really good idea, since it will making stuff so much easier.

Oh, I weren't completely sure what he meant. I knew it was something like what I said, hence me saying it, but I didn't know exactly what it meant, hence me saying it. Yes, it is a good idea, but I would also like something built in to show you what the forces will be like. Maybe it could highlight bits of track with excessive forces. Also, I would like a tool where you buid a piece of track, such as an air hill, and then tell the editor how many G's you want, and it will modify it. For example, you want to build a hill with -1g across the apex. You build a nice, smooth and symetrical hill, so the forces will stay the same across it, then highlight the bits you want to be -1g. You enter -1 in the appropriate box, and then it modifies the sections you highlighted so they pull -1g, in the same way as the smooth tool now, sort of an evolution to the smooth tool, you tell it how you want it smoothing.

Uncle Arly said:
But that requires no real skill at all. You may aswell play RCT if you want to build a coaster that way.
Arly, NL is meant to be a realistc rollercoaster simulator, not a skill test. The easier to make smooth tracks, the better. Say that you want to replicate Colossus. You can get enery support, bit of land, etc, etc. inch-perfect, but it's damn hard to make it realistically smooth.
Same goes for getting an idea. Anyone can get a good idea, but the way NL is, it's very hard to pull it off well. The way described, you can enjoy bringing the idea to life, without spending months on making a single turn pump-free.
Imagine having to draw with one of thos "buzzing" pencils with a small rumble motor in them. You could spend ages training so that you could draw straight lines, but you'd get the same result faster by using an ordinary pencil, without having to learn how to withstand the rumbling. And you'd be ready to draw awesome drawings much faster, because the obstacle that is the motor isn't there.

And if you're really skilled, you can write the entire code for the track in binary anyway. No need for a graphic interface in the editor, 0s and 1s do fine.

Say that you want to replicate Colossus. You can get enery support, bit of land, etc, etc. inch-perfect, but it's damn hard to make it realistically smooth.
Bad example :twisted:
I'm looking forward to this, especially multiple tracks and transfer tracks. And whether or not tools are included, I'm sure someone will code them quickly enough.
Roll on 2010! :--D

Sorry to bump without adding anything to the topic, but what happened with the monthly updates? I mean, it's OK that Ole and the gang took the last week in December off to celebrate Christmas, and it's understandable that they took it nice and calm in January as well, but now... they could at least have written why we haven't seen anything more.

Anyone know more?

Pokemaniac said:
Sorry to bump without adding anything to the topic, but what happened with the monthly updates? I mean, it's OK that Ole and the gang took the last week in December off to celebrate Christmas, and it's understandable that they took it nice and calm in January as well, but now... they could at least have written why we haven't seen anything more.

Anyone know more?

It's rumored that he's on another vacation. I don't blame him, because that's hours and hours of sitting around coding millions and millions of lengths of code..

^Not being funny or anything, but it is his job. It's not like he's just some punter trying to put a game together.

Duh!

^I didn't say.. nvm.. noone will believe..

I have buddies who are considred "on the team", and do help out occasionally with it. This is where I get my Ole info from.

Even if we don't get NL2 until 2012, will there be more updates...Like a 1.8?

Because more coaster types would be more than enough for me.

Well, I guess Ole and the team has to do something those three years... Or have they earned so much on NL1 that they now can retire for a year or two, now sitting on some Hawaiian beach drinking umbrella drinks?

And yeah, even only a coaster type extra would be great.

^Yeah, seems to be the only important missing rides. Then we just need 4D Coaster, TOGO Hyper, Vekoma Standup, and um..