What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

You forget, the incredibly huge cost of a mac. You can get the same specs PC for much less, and with times right now, people can't really afford to blow $1000+ for a computer, and graphics they don't need.

All of the PC's I've used photoshop on, they run it perfectly. Same goes for NL, and any program I've used really.

Yeah but Mac's still own, despite the price, I'd happily buy a Macbook Pro over my laptop anyday.

Xpress said:
people can't really afford to blow $1000+ for a computer

Who's 'people'?

I payed £1700 for my Mac, and it pisses all over any PC out there.
I just can't wait to get my 16 Core Mac pro at the end of the year <3

Hater.

^^By "people" I mean the world, mainly America (I'm in no way of debt or anything). I still prefer a PC over a mac, as my new PC can still **** all over a mac all day long.

I'm not sure if anyone on here watches The Gadget Show? It's on channel 5 in the UK. Anyways, next weeks episode (25.5.09) features info about roller coasters, also form the clips of next week there will be a small segment on Nolimits. I have it set up for series link on Sky, but thought you UK people may want to know. It's on about 20.00.

^Yeah I found out about that in the 'Roller coaster TV programs' topic.
I'll try my best to remember it's on as it does sound quite good. :)

^If you've never watched the Gadget Show before then don't get your hopes up.

They're becoming a bit too, well, lame.

NEWS!!!!!

Ole said:
I have been making lots of progress within the last months. I have been switchting a lot between multiple construction sites within the NL2 code which is over 400,000 lines so far. That's already more than the lines of all NL1.x modules counted together. Not every feature I started working on is completely finished at this point, so I cannot present anything brand new. Instead I decided to create a small video showing some features I have already talked about earlier. The video is encoded using Ogg Theora. If you use Firefox 3.5 or newer you can directly watch the video, otherwise you may need VLC or any other video player that can play Theora files...

More at nolimitscoaster.de

Wow, that was impressive. I watched the video and everything was so well detailed. It's also great to finally see an actual roller coaster in the updates! It's been a well-worth-it three-month wait. I'm eager to see NoLimits 2 come out.

Well it wasn't actually a roller coaster it was only a 3Dmodel. But looks cool not sure if I like the rain droplets hitting the objects though...kinda crappy

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the video due to my outdated computer, but it sounds absolutely amazing. It's definitely worth the wait. I bet it's going to cost an arm and a leg when it's finally released.

I hope my graphics card can handle it...

That was pretty cool!

I wonder if the rain will actually affect the coaster's performance. Hmm.