What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

Maybe have an integrated NoLimits coaster and NoLimits flat rides game. Plus add guests: that would make for the closest theme park representation.

^ Or you can just use RCT3...

People seems to look at No Limits the wrong way, it's a roller coaster simulation software, not a game...

^Exactly.

A game, I.E. RCT3, has a set objective to it. NL has no set objective, incase nobody figured that out yet...

Its no set objective to give full creative control to the user.

Im looking forward to seeing how it'll work with the actual controls, as showing a video of just it moving is a bit annoying.

^Word down the grapevine is that it will be similar to the current controls, but with a few new features.

Ole said:
The NL team wishes Happy Holidays to all NoLimits users. The team is back from our meeting, we had some great days in the United States. Among some amusement park visits on the west coast we went to the IAAPA trade show. I wished I could have stayed longer. Vegas is a fun place and the convention was definitely worth it. It was nice to visit the booths of various manufacturers and check out their new inventions...

holiday2009.jpg

More at: Clicky

I wonder if stations like Pepsi max Big One will be possible, where the extra trains are stored under the station, and the track rises to let the other one onto the main track, the switch track and maintainence thing is what I'm most looking forward to, I sue hope that if you have the origional NL you will be able to get a discount on the new one :lol:

I really don't think they need to worry about 'keeping the framerate down'. No Limits runs insanely smoothly compared to modern games and if the trees did make it lag on laptops they could include a low quality tree setting?

^You can turn off everything you don't need in the settings menu. Before, I had everything pretty much turned off, and kept the scenery, supports (lightl detail) and track ontop of terrain and it ran fine :)

Sorry for the double post... (well, actually I'm not)

4tree.jpg

Now THATS what a 3D tree should look like and you can keep the poly's down using Alpha channel, much in the way the NL tree is produced.

I post one image here, which loads a lot faster (hates massive PNG:s)...

nl2_4_1.jpg

Looks really nice :)

Yeah I'm hoping we can have animated objects and also be able to put objects in the sim without loss of quality.