What's new

"Now Showing"

Brokeback Mountain is awesome. It's so sweet and enduring... I had to cry :lol:. Words can not describe how good I thought it was. It's so beautiful and sad. I left the screening and had to go buy some chocolate for comfort it left me that emotional.

Soo good, even for those who are homophobic, I forgot they were two guys and most points.

Ah, double post. Oh well.

I had a Lion-King-A-Thon last night, because I'm that cool. As much as I adore the first one I have to be a traitor and say my favourite is the third, mainly due to the large Timon content.

Timon is the best character who has ever come out of Disney, coupled with one of the best voices in Hollywood he just owns. Period.

Seen Munich and Brokeback mountain recently.

Both Brilliant, Munich an excellent portrayal of the events surrounding the 1972 Munich tradgedy and Brokeback mountain, just an amazing tale of love, with the cinematography being particualry good in this film.

Reccomend them both highly!

The Godfather films have been on channel 5 recently..and it reminded me my dad still had the DVD boxsets.

So, I watched them in one day for the first time in two years, forgot how Cf'ucking amazing they are!

So, for the next week it will be the fake accent and re-naming my gerbil 'Vito' :oops: !

^ easily in my top ten of all time - the beginning of so many careers - DeNiro, Pacino, Duval and Caan.

joe said:
Next movie on my list: Underworld Evolution.

Not read a good review of it yet.

And it's an 18, so u'll have no chance (unless u wear a fake beard or something).

^God I posted that ages ago, I realised it was an 18. So on friday I will be seeing FD3 no matter what!

mrclam said:
Isnt FD3 a 15?

Yeah, like you've never been to see a 15 at 12 or an 18 at 15???

Well, I certainly used too :)

FD3 looks pants though, but in a cheesy way that means it'll be worth watching :) I might have a look into the film at the weekend ;)

I've never seen the first 2, i was looking around film flex on telewest last night, but they dont have them.. shame.

I'm gonna watch it just to see a big coaster crash.

But "cock and bull story" is first on my list of films to watch, followed by "munich" and "memoirs of a geisher girl". So Dunno if FD3 will get a look in.

Yes Clam, I need to go and see A Cock & Bull Story! The 'alternative' cinema in Liverpool is still showing it, so I reckon I might have to pop down there soon-ish to watch it.

I went to see Brokeback Mountain recently and it was actually a very good film.

It was a little slow in places and I had a feeling it was just going to end up in some major gay romp scenes but it surprisingly didn't. To be fair to the movie the fact the lead characters are two guys is actually borderline irrelevant except for the implications later in the film in terms of their wives and homophoic people.

It is certainly one of those films that makes you leave the cinema thinking about life, the people you care for and whether you always do your best for others etc.

It's a great film with a good underlying message and thoughful tone that is not patronising or condescending and allows all people, regardless of orientation, gender or age to become engaged in.

8/10

I saw FD3 yesterday, and I thought it was alot better than I expected. The coaster scene was good, but they made the coaster look like it was going 20mph faster than it is.

Its a good movie, a little cheesy at times, but its well worth a watch.

Yay, I found my video of Mousehunt last night that I'd lost.

It's a great movie actually, I've lost my love for real stupid, slapstick movies (like Home Alone) but I found Mousehunt hilarious. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that it stars Nathan Lane....

I watched West Side Story last night. It was too camp for me, and that's saying a lot. The music in it's quite good, but as far as Stephen Sondheim's music goes, I prefer A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, but obviously not the film's score, the 1996 revival recording.

But anyway, the movie. Too camp by a mile, what gang's dance around? "I'm gonna beat you up tra la la la"- come on, at least have people who may just about burst into song, not gangs.

Finally saw the classic that is "Bullit" last night on TCM. It's okay I suppose. Some of the shots were fantastic for the time, but generally, the film was a bit flat and pointless.

Sorry for the double post, but I've watched more films :p

Final Destination 1 and 2 at the weekend. I'd already seen 1 and thought it was quite good in a cheesy way. Number too didn't disappoint by being slightly cheesier and gorier, but not actually any better than the first.

It's good to see a film that's not afraid to splatter some bloody and guts about for fun :) I loved the air-bag bit... Made me giggle! :)

The only problem I had was with the paradox it created at the end (please, don't ask why I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe in death chasing down people who avoided him, but can't believe it when there's a plot fault ;) ).

The lad who was supposed to die would never have been put in danger if they had all died in the first place (as the TV van wouldn't have been present), so therefore he was never part of "deaths plan" in the first place.

It's irritating when films like this get it so wrong (along with Terminator 2), yet films like Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey can get it so right! :D