What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

unlimitedcoaster said:
This ALL depends on how fast it goes through these puppies. If it is a weak little barely making it kinda speed.. then meh. But if its Batman speed.. <3

Seeing as how it's almost the same height to Batman, it will be almost the same speed. B&M might have already made sure that the train was able to fully go through all the inversions, no problem. The way I see this, a mini-Montu, but only better looking now..

As for that water splash, I believe it will be filled with mist nozzles? Like Le Vampire? Of course, without the turn..

Yeah.. you'd think that.. but I've been disappointed with enough B&M Inverts to be cautiously optimistic.

It also has a trim that B:TR doesn't have...I can say my optimism outweighs the trim as of now though, until there are reviews I will try and ignore the trim unless in tests it is EXTREMELY hard, then I may cry.

Good point, forgot about the trim... surely it must just be a precaution? Either that or this is going to be very slow and very forceless. Which I hope not, as its a sexy beast!

Martyn B said:
Good point, forgot about the trim... surely it must just be a precaution? Either that or this is going to be very slow and very forceless. Which I hope not, as its a sexy beast!

It could be there as an extra block so that trains can leave the station quicker.

Even if it's not, the fact that it drops down into another trench straight after it I think will mean that the pacing won't be too ruined. At least that's what I'm hoping for ;)

image.php

Whoever designed this ride is a genius - I've never seen anything quite like the beautiful symmetry of this before:

image.php

iblamefish said:
Martyn B said:

It could be there as an extra block so that trains can leave the station quicker.
Not sure about that. I thought the idea of blocks was to be able to (a) stop the train and (b) allow the train to continue from a stop, through the rest of the layout, safely. I can't see that happening from there. This is a trim (or at least hopefully a precautionary one).

Want. Now.

Ethan said:
And then that drop leads into the Zero G. Yay!

I think it's the biggest, most action packed, most impressive small coaster that B&M have made in a long time, maybe ever.

They really know how to make a small custom invert very special.

I think it's great that people are excited about this! But I also think people may be expecting too much from this.

You have to remember this is a brand new B&M and following the trend from the past few years, don't expect a blazing batman ride. Expect a smooth gliding beautiful piece of engineering. I very much doubt the forces will be high, especially when it opens (I've noticed they seem to age well).

I personally think it looks absolutely fantastic, and that wingover zero-g element is SO messed up.

iblamefish said:

Am I the only one who can envision a nice effect, either water, fire, something as it drops into the trench right before the zero-g? I want to see the scale of theming they go with because if done right, it might suck, but it may still be fun to ride.

The hell is wrong with that incredibly awkward shaped roll? It looks like something straight out of NL.

And WTF color change.

iblamefish said:
Ethan said:
And then that drop leads into the Zero G. Yay!

I think it's the biggest, most action packed, most impressive small coaster that B&M have made in a long time, maybe ever.

They really know how to make a small custom invert very special.
Agreed, the layout is really unusual, nothing like other inverts. If it goes through the tight inversions at a decent speed, this should be pretty intense.
And hopefully I'm going to Asterix at the end of the year! Hope it will be open by then.

^^ What colour change?? If you mean on the spine then it's just the light reflected in different ways due to the shape of the spine...

^ If you mean this year, then forget about it, since it seems like they are going to put a lot of time into theming this ride since it's scheduled to open 2012...

Xpress said:
The hell is wrong with that incredibly awkward shaped roll? It looks like something straight out of NL.

And WTF color change.

Oh yeah I see it too. Hopefully it's just the light :?

Seeing as nobody has seen that inversion before, it is now named after me... -_-

I really can't wait to ride this coaster. Perhaps better than Nemesis?? (I suppose they are too different to compare though)

^ It's a zero g roll.
I wouldn't say this and Nemesis are too different to compare, this seems like it will be quite intense with tight inversions, but I don't think it should be compared with anything until it's actually up and running.

It's a zero-g roll with some lateral movement which most likely give a even better rotational experience for the rider.

mouse said:
^ It's a zero g roll.
I wouldn't say this and Nemesis are too different to compare, this seems like it will be quite intense with tight inversions, but I don't think it should be compared with anything until it's actually up and running.

Techically it's not seeing as you won't experience zero gravity :/

^See Loefet's post above. I think it's going to be some sort of zero-g-wingover.

Hixee said:
^See Loefet's post above. I think it's going to be some sort of zero-g-wingover.

But Loefet said it would have laterals. So it would have Gs.

Unless that trim bites quite hard, I would see no reason as to why this wont fly through the layout.
That zero-g is looking great its one of my favorite elements on a B&M. They do them so well.

Ethan said:
Hixee said:

But Loefet said it would have laterals. So it would have Gs.
You've ridden a zero-g-roll right? They nearly all have laterals, it's the vertical forces that are 'zero'.