What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

ry1996 said:
Where are the pics ? cant wait to see them should be good

Sorry! Forgot to attatch them...here they are now!

Attachments

• PARC%2~3-2.jpg
    PARC%2~3-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 128
  • PARC%2~4.jpg
    PARC%2~4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 128

^Same here! It looks friken amazing! I am really looking forward to theming!

In the first pic it looks a little like a cutback, but isn't. I LOVE this coster!!!

WOW, i really love the area used , the layout=Great well thought and The colors work very well together.
thanksfor the pics :)

^Not really. When I went to parc asterix, you could see it over the trees as you entered (one of the best bits of advertising I have seen), and you notice it looks about 100 feet tall...

114 ft tall according to rcdb... :--D

This ride is a serious beast!

Here's some more pictures that I managed to grab from potionmagix before it closed...

And yes...including the dreaded trim!!!!OMG...seriously, it's not that bad!

Attachments

• PA811B~1.jpg
    PA811B~1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 84
  • PAB814~1.jpg
    PAB814~1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 84
  • PAD228~1.jpg
    PAD228~1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 84

The trim!! *Insert scary dun dun dun music here* JK.

Love this coaster!

That dive into the tunnel looks great. Love that footchopper with the support too!

You know, katun has that trim before the cobra. Didn't do a thing. Maybe this one won't either..

Loving this! To be honest, I don't see what is wrong with a trim. The only way I could see it ruining a ride is if it removes a whole load of airtime, and I can't see this ride having any to be honest...

dominoes said:
Loving this! To be honest, I don't see what is wrong with a trim. The only way I could see it ruining a ride is if it removes a whole load of airtime, and I can't see this ride having any to be honest...
It's not airtime you need to worry about, it's pacing. If the trim slows the train down too much, not only will the coaster be less forceful (which can sometimes be a good thing), but it can ruin the pacing completely. Just like Inferno's helix after the second wingover :(

I really can't see the trim ruining the ride...

How many peeps here have ridden raptor (GL)? All I can say is the trim makes no difference to the ride at all...apart from a little noise and with B&M's you won't feel a thing.

Anyway wasn't the trim going to be in a tunnel? Because we decided that the drop after the loop looks awful...

I think that the trim is a bit psychological, the noise of the trim makes you believe that the ride is worse, even though you don't feel it, much like the magnetic trims on Silver Star makes the ride seem "better" due to they do the same thing as the normal brakes but silently, even though the ride itself is the same...

But then again, some trims feels a lot more than other...

^ agh I know just the sound of the trim and I cringe. yeugh.

What I'm curious about is that on Krake they've clearly used eddy current breaks towards the end, in the same style as Intamin (fins on track, magnets on train). However the trims on that ride are clamps. I guess you have less control with those brakes so they were only used to slow the train down at the end.

But still, Intamin have used eddy current trim brakes along their rides so they can't be that bad, I'd like to see B&M do this to avoid that "kshhhhh" sound that breaks the heart of every enthusiast out there! haha. Although I must say, on Th13teen you can really feel those trims and they're completely silent.

Oh yeah ^ never knew about that.

Odd how they still put clamp trims on new rides. I guess the clamps can be turned off whereas the magnetic ones can't.