What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Again, so WHY have the themed and seem to be marketing that way if that's the case?

It is to widen the audience. I'm not saying EVERYONE will wanna ride it, but it is. Honestly. Smithy's right. People vary in the way they react to things.

When it comes down to it, it's gonna attract ANYONE, that's the point, I think when people hear "FAMILY" they think, "Oh ****, it's gonna be a small coaster". The thing is, using the term "Family Coaster", is fine, if it attracts a "Famliy", surely that's good? I think people see the term "family" as being REALLY young children, I don't, I see it as a mixed age group, that's it.

Also;
oriolat2 said:
Besides. PA are opening Shambhala AND a driving school for kids (similar to Alton Towers') also in China. Why would they even want to market Shambhala as a family ride when they already have something to market for the younger audience?

A driving school, IN CHINA?! WHAT?!

A driving school isn't a family attraction, it's a kids attraction. It's there to give kids who CANNOT PHYSICALLY go on Shambhala something to do, and their parents who have to sit Shambhala out something fun to watch their kids do.

Re: Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Their mystical, fantasy, magical journey wording about "only the brave..." sounds family directed to me.

Compare those quotes to Thorpe's blatant "ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE ON The Swarm!?"

You're being very black and white.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

If you read the description (which I obviously know you did UC), it states about it being a Journey and Adventure. Never mentions "Thrilling Ride" etc. They're very clever in the way of descriptions not to make it sound to overkill to the younger audience. This is all going on for too long though, it needs to be put to rest.

Yeah, I'm with Joey. The whole approach SCREAMS that they're going for the "whoever is tall enough to ride this, please ride this" angle.

It reminds me SO much of a ride that should be at Busch Gardens Europe. Nice, light colours, a pleasant theme that won't put people off... It's lovely.

There's no beasts, nothing to be afraid of, no yeti that'll eat you. It's pretty and light.

owenrita121 said:
Does anyone Know If Khan will be open on opening day?
Also theming for this seems to be coming along nicely.

It will. In fact, it has been testing throughout the week...

So I've just come to terms with the fact that I will be there in Portaventura one month out of opening day of Shabhala...

But Khan will at least definetly be open?

Update:

So close...

th720_5708bc85f5dfaaabcd5cf4858206a88b.JPG

Seems that the RCS people are rushing the last sections of Shambhala... The hill after the MCBR is complete and there are just a couple more pieces to assemble. In fact, the trackwork could be finished today:

th720_6390dd5b9e4cfe41d80623e2ffc7acfa.jpg

th720_6539cc92c7c13647113902a024305feb.jpg

Also, trains are now stored in their transfer tracks:

th720_f6c012ffbfc0a2f1aac58c1142e6fc92.JPG

First and exclusive lift hill shot:
th720_4b2ec1fb10af64fb0127c4d63e4797ac.png

And PA has posted a photo of the splash zone:

Splash_shambala_grande.jpg

There are rumours pointing to a late-spring opening (as late as 21st of June).

Source: PA-Community and portaventura.es

I am going to be so gutted if it,s not opened by the 10th off june because thats when im going for a week i booked to go later this year i normally go in may :(

^ I'd not be expecting it to open if I were you. For two reasons;

1) The rumours that have been posted about this coaster have near enough been 100% all the way through construction.

2) You won't be as DEVASTATED if its not open (although you obi will).

I'm really lucky, I'm meant to be going in JULY <3

That last shot looks absolutely fantastic. I should be safely able to ride this seeing as I'm going in late July, which will be my first trip to PortAventura. :--D

Could the scoops end up soaking Khan's riders? In that last pic the beginning of the splash is awfully close to the bottom of Khan's first drop <3

oriolat2 said:
Could the scoops end up soaking Khan's riders? In that last pic the beginning of the splash is awfully close to the bottom of Khan's first drop <3

Maybe... I'm having a hard time getting the scale of that... On Griffon, the splash drenches as section of track that comes after and goes over the splash, so possibly.

Plus, the timing would have to be just right between the two rides to get the other train.

They have different shaped scoops depending on what they want from the splash, so they could have designed them to not get DK wet, I suppose.