What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

And this is apparently 2000ft longer than Sheikra, so a Dive Machine is unlikely, if indeed them stats are true.

^Exactly

If those statistics are accurate, then absolutely NOTHING about them suggests a Dive Machine. I honestly don't know why people are still even discussing that. It seems like a case of one of those bull **** "what I would like to see at Port Aventura" topics being forcefed as some kind of actual reality.

Let's take a look at those "statistics":

Height: much bigger than any Dive Machine we've seen so far. Yes, they could go bigger I suppose, but by that much? However, not a huge stretch for a B&M Hyper.

Length: See above - PERFECT for a B&M Hyper

5 Camelbacks: Do I really need to keep spelling this out?

Splashdown: Sheikra has one! So does Griffon! It must be a DIVE MACHINE!!!!!! Oh, wait, Diamondback...

Of course, the statistics could be complete bollocks at this stage, so we still don't know for sure, but if they're anything remotely like what we've seen it's perfectly obvious what this coaster is going to be.

NOT A DIVE MACHINE, however much some people want it to be one.

Yeah I agree with Gavin.. This surely isnt going to be a Dive Machine, 5000 ft in lenght and NO inversion doesnt spell Dive Machine imo. With the mentioned splash down i would certainly expect a large scale Hyper in the mould of Diamondback.

As far as KEBAB wanting a invert/flyer... I would love to see both but definatly for me the park is taking the right steps in a Hyper coaster, its something we need more of in Europe and we are pretty spoilt already with Inverts but a Flyer placed in Polynesia around 2015.... Yes please :p

tucoaster said:
Another rumor is that the investment has been reduced, and there will be not any world record.

So if this is true, I am thinking that it was meant to be 328ft but the costs for B&M supports that tall must have been so high that they reduced the height by 66ft to reduce costs significantly. Seems feasible to me?

262ft is still a monster and would be a great height for a B&M hyper, can't wait to see the real layout of this thing, I wonder where they are going to put the splashdown to make a feature of it? Also lets just hope its more of a Diamondback than a Silver Star! :)

So if this is true, I am thinking that it was meant to be 328ft but the costs for B&M supports that tall must have been so high that they reduced the height by 66ft to reduce costs significantly. Seems feasible to me?

I don't now. Maybe they were planing a taller one, or a longest one, or a ...... well never know

Kebab said:
but what I'd really love is an inverted/flying coaster
Port Aventura already got a killer-looper so they really doesn't need an invert. Sure a flying coaster would be awesome and unique, but the park severely lacks an airtime ride so that's were I first and foremost think they should spend their money! If the ride indeed is 80 meters tall it won't be the tallest in the world (unlike the last rumor) but still the tallest of Europe which makes it very easy to promote as well! I think Port Aventura is investing very wisely here (in contrast to the Baco investment) :)

Rofl at the argument generated over the dive machine comment. I'm blindly out-of-touch and ignorant as to the stats of coasters lately.

My bad about the Dive Machine comment. I should've reinforced that I was thinking outside of the 'rumoured' statistics, because as far as I know it could easily be a fans speculation. It's still possible for it to be a Dive Machine, just think back to when everybody thought Saw: The Ride was originally going to be a floorless coaster, or SWIV to be a wooden coaster etc.

I'm just being awkward and thinking outside the box. :roll:

I won't believe anything until their is official proof or plans that these stats are liable. I don't care what it will be in the end, I'm sure PortAventura can make it an epic experience.

Port Aventura already got a killer-looper so they really doesn't need an invert. Sure a flying coaster would be awesome and unique, but the park severely lacks an airtime ride so that's were I first and foremost think they should spend their money!
You've got a valid point there! But even if it was a compact inverted coaster on the lines of Black Mamba, there would be a distinct difference to Khan. Personally I still back up a Flying Coaster to be the best addition to the park, I mean Khan, Baco and even Stampida are all very intense and out-of-control, something smoother and more elegant would suit greatly!

Tah. :)

IF the stats are true, then is going to be quite short for such a big coaster. Its not the shortest B&M Hyper, but its also not the longest, yet it is by far the tallest, so all the extra lenght for the lift and hills must point this towards being quite short element wise, if you get what I mean.

Its an almost identicle lenght to I305.

I think those stats are far more reasonable than the 300ft+ rumors that were flying round.

a B&M hyper of that scale would fit nicely into the park, and also europe. All we have is Silverstar and I think everyone knows it's reputation =/. With the recent burst of Cedar Fair hypers getting good reviews I'd be excited to see one closer to home.

Also, I don't think a length figure of around 1600m is bad at all. I mean Goliath is only around 1300m. Maybe we'll see another MCBR-less hyper.

seems like construction will begin in september.
It's expected in April the coaster have been finish, and the testing start....

Can i ask where all this information is coming from?.... the height,length,train type....COASTER TYPE even!!, This all just seems to be forum talk across the board with no facts to back any of it up, some people are going to look a tad silly if the new coaster turns out to be a batman clone :wink:

Right, the info comes from a forum. But, from the people who said how baco will be. Maybe they are not 100% accurate... but sure will be very close

When do we expect an official announcement from the park?......... As for the legitimacy of the info you have received, it seems credible enough if they got Furius Baco right so lets see how close they are this time around.

Don't expect anything official from the Park until late summer or even after Halloween. High season is about to start and if they were to make it official that they are building such a big ride, most people, especially locals, would not visit the park this year and go next year instead.

PA is known to be really hush-hush when it comes to new rides.

i'm with oriolat. I Think until September / October the park will not say anything

Seems like there is a little movement. This photo was taken yesterday from a PAC member:

th720_100_0100_1307773965.JPG

They are inspecting the terrain where the new coaster is supossed to be.

I'm just curious, do Walter and Claude visit the location themselves for every new coaster they build? Or do they entrust their co-workers and the map material they're given?

id like a B&M Hyper at port aventura! theyve already got a launch and looper, so i think a hyper coaster would be great