What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

^Yep I think its funny people draw these up and make out they are real, I remember the Saw and 13 ones.

Lol, people like to think they have a chance at designing a coaster so do mock-up designs, surely that's the reason? Lol.

Still, to be honest, I've not heard anything good about B&M Hypers. While they may look awesome, hand on heart, anybody who has rode the new ones, what are they like?

^I really enjoyed Diamondback. Sure, it wasn't hard-core airtime, but the first drop was fantastic, the hills were good fun and the corners were great too. I think they get slated way too much. Plus, they're far more comfortable than the Intamin ones. :p

If PA can get anything like Diamondback (or Behemoth, I hear that's even better), then it will be a great addition.

The image is not official; look at the picture it says 'Estimacion,' it's basically someone's guess. Also unless my Spanish has failed me, the box with 100 metres in it says that the straight beside Khan's lift will be 100 metres long, nothing to do with height. (although if that straight is the lift hill and nothing else, then it could be about 70 metres)

Anyway, a hyper would be great, from B&M or Intamin, but I'd much prefer it to start in Polynesia and run in the other direction, this will absolutely dominate Khan. Still, I couldn't complain with 328 ft :--D

Casio said:
but I'd much prefer it to start in Polynesia and run in the other direction
Indeed! Plus the entrance in the supposed layout would be at the China section which already has a big attraction. Polynesia is the only section at the park that lacks a major ride..

Eugh; I'd actually hate the lift hill to run alongside Khan. Especially if it's going to be double the size, I'll be very upset if this is so... :(

Sure it's going to be a massive project, this is PortAventura we're talking about, it certainly won't be any Euro-Fighter or SLC clone, just don't want it to kill Khan. Unless they build something to duel with it... :O Doubts flood my mind...

Yeah I don't really like the idea of it being next to Kahn.
Kahn is a monster and dominates the view of the park as you walk towards it. Just seeing it as you head to it is amazing and having another coaster behind it will make it have less of an impact. Especially if it's a colour that clashes with with red.
I still hope this new coaster will be good though and well themed.

Port Aventura have LOADS of room to expand. They own space behind the park that pretty much covers the area that the park is now. So I don't see why they're trying to squash this ride up against Kahn when they have all that space.

I assume to get to the station of this new coaster you'd have to go left when facing the entrance to Kahns queue and head round to where the chair swings are atm to get round the back of it.

I've changed my mind about it 'ruining' the look of Kahn. If anything, you're going to get a MORE impressive view from far away. Kahn is huge as it is, but having something nearly double the height, well, it'll look more imposing.

But having the two biggest rides within about 100 metres would feel a bit weird in such a big park wouldn't it? Unless they combine the themes somehow. It would be one awesome B&M corner though.

Inside the park, there's so confirmed data:

5 camelbacks
Water effects (Splash? tunnel?)
1 tunnel confirmed
80 meter high
1500 - 1600 meters long

again, sorry for my english

[Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

^ Where did you get that info from?

Also if that is true, 80 meters.The coasters getting smaller although 262 ft is still a beast though.

Just fingers crossed it will be built at all!

Dive machine all day long. Possibly. Bit long though.

^ Yeah. Although TU coaster report that it will be the biggest of it's kind in Europe, so it possible.

i donn't think that it will be a dive machine, i think a "normal" hyper.

Another rumor is that the investment has been reduced, and there will be not any world record.

Another point. All that info comes from the forum from PA community (santiago user). I appreciate the link to out page in the frontpage of coasterforce, but all the credits and info come from santiago from pac.

^ Thanks for your honesty, I've updated the news item. Thanks for posting though!

How does 5 camelbacks shout Dive Machine?

Some of the new B&M Hypers have splash downs too...

Shouts "Europe's tallest coaster" to me (B&M Hyper)... Unless Spain is significantly lower than Blackpool? ;)

furie said:
Shouts "Europe's tallest coaster" to me (B&M Hyper)... Unless Spain is significantly lower than Blackpool? ;)
Well PA is on a big hill too... ;)

It'll definately be a B&M Hyper, if those plans are true. I must admit, I'd love an Apollo's Charriot style Hyper in PortAventura, but what I'd really love is an inverted/flying coaster, that's whats pin-ultimately missing from the park! I'd rather have a Katun/Tatsu over a Hyper, they already have a giant ride (Hurakan Condor), and with that I love how Condor absolutely towers above everything else. But it'll lose it's epicness if they build a 260ft coaster... That's what I think.

I really hope they're bogus plans, or rumours. A Dive Machine would be nice, but still, they don't do much really...