What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

A-Kid said:
Going by reactions of The Ride from GP, its a "oh is that it" or "that wasn't worth the wait" type thing. There is nothing to make them wanna return after they have done it the first time.

I've NEVER heard that off the public-Jo... I've only ever heard good comments about it. Think you need to take your hatred cap off.

Gotta agree with Marc here i'm afraid Erol. I've also heard non-enthusiasts say similar. Non-plussed, thought it was going to better etc etc.

A few people have mentioned how this maze thing should have been part of the ride in the first place and I agree. Perhaps they should do some sort of system whereby if you ride one you can get to do the other via fasttrack or something?...

Scrap that, daft idea... queues would be even more ridiculous.

I've heard nothing but great reviews from the public. Yes there's been mixed views but a vast majority think the ride is great. I've had hundreds of comments on my Saw videos on Youtube with people giving their opinions of the ride. Most seem to be looking forward to this new attraction as well but I guess noone can tell how good it will be until it opens.
Although looking at plans it seems to have a decent layout which means throughput will be quite high as the scenes will be large enough to allow quite large groups. Hopefully when the casting is done we can find out what sort of characters we can expect to meet inside the attraction. :)

I think it looks cool, it's just Thorpe making the most out of what they know to be incredibly popular, their horror mazes. The fact that they have Saw:The Ride already in the park means they can get away with the popularity of such an attraction all year round, not just at Halloween.

I still don't know why people rip Thorpe apart so much, I like the idea =]

I dont think people mind the idea, it just should have been there in the 1st place in the Saw the Ride building.

They could have had 2 queues one that let you do the walk through then the ride and one for people who did not want to do the walk through.

Most people thought the ride was going to have a walk through anyway.

^Yes but that would cause chaos for people who don't like walkthroughs who would of wanted to go on the ride. Having two queues would of made queueing times for the ride worse and peoples places in line would get mixed up as people skipping the walkthrough would get in front.
Plus it means when they add actors for Halloween it makes it that bit better. :)

Having them as too separate attractions is a good idea I think.

Well after heading down monks walk on saturday morning and driving past the park twice...

The Thorpe Belle looks EXACTLY LIKE.... The Thorpe Belle.

It's still that manky faded red.

It's moored up where it used to be, by crust.

Only difference being, the windows at the back are boarded up.....

NICE ONE THORPE (Y)

Ollie the queues would not have been longer as the same amount of people would have gone to the rde.

It would have made the queue shorter for people only wanting to ride if you get what I mean.

Not everyone likes walk throughs so a lot of people will not do Saw Alive.

They could have done away with the fast pass queue and used that for people not wanting the walk through part.

So now people will have to queue twice, one queue for the walk through and then queue again for the ride.

I do have no problem with the walk through though, that is just the idea I had.

marc said:
They could have done away with the fast pass queue and used that for people not wanting the walk through part.

This...

So much could have been done with it (regardless of my disinterest in horror walk throughs), and it was a disappointment, both for enthusiasts and general public alike...

It's what happens when a ride gets overhyped...

The latest image of construction, provided from TPM:

Snow%20037.jpg

Doesn't look like too much has happened but there is still time.

^Well they're slowly redecorating the outside. They're building the inside first anyway so once it's done all they have to do is move the Belle over.

Just incase anyone tries to proove me wrong. They've turned the boat round to decor the other side. Haha. I saw the red side on sat.

I reckon they'yre just decorating it at its current location, due to easier access for materials and stuff on the area by crust, then sailing it along to its proposed place!

Oh so this is what they were going on about yeterday on FB, they said guess what is happening tomorrow.

I said "fixing your rides during the off season not at the start of your new season".

But instead its a broken website :)

Their new site is very much directed towards teens and young adults, words like "need a place to crash" and some other things such as that.

I like this message though :)

"... have you broken our website? Actually - let's be fair - it's probably not you. It's probably us... or at least our server."