What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

I guess I forgot to post these photos. Here are photos from inside the maintenance bay/queue line
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/11/time-traveler-construction-sdc_12.html

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

Remember when we talked about the braking mechanism for the spinning? The big round plate with the holes could be a round eddy current brake as I suggested. Did anyone take a closer look at it?

I don't personally think that the bit after the drop looks particularly slow. I don't know about any of you, but I reckon that the trim on the first drop will sort of function like the trim on Takabisha's first drop and terrify people by holding them over the Ozark mountainside.

On a side note, I'm struggling to visualise what this ride will feel like to ride. The only spinners I've ridden are Spinball Whizzer, Dragon's Fury, Primeval Whirl and Cobra's Curse. I know full well that it won't feel anything like the first three, but I reckon the spinning sensation on this could share some similarities with the spinning on Cobra's Curse, what with them both being made by Mack and sharing a similar track design, which is a good thing as I think Cobra's Curse is an underrated family coaster. What do you guys think?

Three comments about that video:

Yeah, you're all on drugs if you think this looks slow in the back
I don't disagree, but I still don't think it (the coaster) looks that good. ;)

2. Why are the water dummies wearing robes?

3. As lovely as I think the Time Traveller logo is, I ****ing hate how two thirds of these videos is just the logo. I'd rather then just stop the video at 8 seconds.

Last edited:
It looks decent in the back, but, come on, in a park with Outlaw Run already ejecting guests down a much better drop I'm going to need more than that to impress me.

How do you know Outlaw Run will have a better drop? For all you know this could be much better.

^ But only if you're in certain seats? I'm not sold at all. Not yet, anyway.
I know it's not open and it's yet to be ridden, but nothing about this coaster is making me want to desperately ride it.

Last edited:
There are many rides in which the back seat is better for the drop. Outlaw Run being one of them as well.

Every time I see this I just wish more and more it wasn't a spinner and what they could've done with just more normal launched coaster.

that said, it looks like it'll be a decent drop in the back and probably pretty creepy going down backwards

There are many rides in which the back seat is better for the drop. Outlaw Run being one of them as well.
Oh I completely agree! But from the video before last, the drop was slowed completely for the first half of the train. It looks like it'll take almost all force out of the drop if you're unlucky enough to sit in that half of the train. But again, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves to be sure.