What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

You guys can nitpick at this ride all you want. But those pictures above look awesome and so much fun. And remember, at the end of the day that is why we do this hobby (at least i do)...it's fun!

Yes it's short. So what? So is Xcellerator, so is Stormrunner, TTD and many other launch coasters around the country. And a lot of them are among my top steel coasters.

It's obvious SFMM did not have unlimited amounts of cash to throw at this ride, so they are giving us bang for the buck instead. It looks to me like Premier Rides is building a winner.

rollermonkey said:
I wonder if this Superman at 6FDK was a sort of prototype for this, and if this subsequently is a stepping stone to something else.

Yeah, except SF isn't currently spending the kind of money it would take to build something much larger than this one. Most parks are getting used Boomerangs and Star Flyers this year!

The exceptions are the RMC projects, they are surprisingly cheap, though they won't be much longer!

Newtrek5 said:
rollermonkey said:
I wonder if this Superman at 6FDK was a sort of prototype for this, and if this subsequently is a stepping stone to something else.

Yeah, except SF isn't currently spending the kind of money it would take to build something much larger than this one. Most parks are getting used Boomerangs and Star Flyers this year!

The exceptions are the RMC projects, they are surprisingly cheap, though they won't be much longer!
1 used Boomerang.
2 (?) Star Flyers.

Yep, most parks.

This looks amazing for what it is IMO. Seeing that train fly overhead would be absolutely astounding.

Also, this thing shot up like a rocket.

Those storage tracks are going to get a lot of use.
:(

elephant58 said:
rollermonkey said:
Ethan said:
^ I doubt any of this coaster could beat Oblivion's drop <3

Sorry. 5-yard penalty for rampant fanboyism.

Blivvie's a fine ride, but it's long since been eclipsed. I even prefer it's Taiwanese half-sister, despite the identical drop, for what it does after the tunnel.

Both do the same thing after the tunnel. Oblivion's tunnel is just longer.

Yes and no. While the track is the same, the supports aren't. The Taiwan version's far turn after the drop is like 100 feet up in the air. It's pretty awesome, and made for some great photo opportunities, as you can walk under it.

BBH said:
Newtrek5 said:
rollermonkey said:

1 used Boomerang.
2 (?) Star Flyers.

Yep, most parks.

This looks amazing for what it is IMO. Seeing that train fly overhead would be absolutely astounding.

Also, this thing shot up like a rocket.

It was a figure of speech. Anyway, the point remains!

Agnesi helped develop calculus, so I guess that could relate to coasters, but time warping?

It's going up quick!

thumb_sam_0304a.jpg

From TPR.

About time construction picked up speed.

This will probably be testing the whole time I'm at the park in May.

Serves me right for hating on the Tragic Mountain.

Martyn B said:
It's going up quick!

thumb_sam_0304a.jpg

From TPR.
This is shaping up nicely! Looks like some reall good head-choppers going through those supports in the background, great design Premier!

Vertical construction on the loop.....

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 167

Im beginning to wonder if there will be some G-force issues for that turn directly after the loop.

There won't be, it's not sustained for long enough to cause issues. I305 only caused issues because it was a sustained amount of high G force.

^^There is a fair amount of track before the sharp twist towards Superman Plaza, therefore it will be a different element instead of one continueous element.

As lame as it seemed at first, it looks like a compact area...hopefully the ride will be forceful at least.

Wow, it's weird seeing a loop being constructed, that big.