What's new

Six Flags New England |"Goliath"| Vekoma Giant Inverted Boom

Re: "Goliath" relocated Vekoma looping boomerang for SFNE

Don't know why but I'm definitely a fan. Hopefully they are comfy :-D

Is that Thunderbolt then? What's it spiting? Cause that is literally across from the other Boomerang, haha. Why not get rid of that?

And I'm digging those trains. I quite like the V shaped old ones, but, objectively, they are awful.

Yay, Deja Vu <3

Also, I want to live in one of those houses. Just casually having a GIB in the back yard <3

The park want 4 across trains instead of the old ones to speed up the loading process. Apparently some people got lost trying to find a seat..

I don't think they get lost, I think there's arguments over who is going to have to sit alone. It does create a lot of unnecessary confusion.

So does this mean they won't be face-off trains anymore?

Ben said:
Also, I want to live in one of those houses. Just casually having a GIB in the back yard <3
Or just the fact that I have a major (or any) amusement park in my backyard.

^Sorry, yes. Thanks for the correction. Well, no V-cars is probably a good thing then...

^^I meant get rid of the normal Boomerang. Though Thunderbolt did suck!

And so yeah, they are literally right next to each other.

Oh, Six Flags.

I don't think having a Boomerang and a GIB is THAT bad... at least one's inverted and one isn't.

La Ronde getting the SLC is just plain silly, however...

I think Canada's Wonderland takes the cake though <///3.

Yeah, I think it can be good to have both coasters side by side. There can be one for warm up for the more easy scared people and the tough kids can say, let's just get on the big one immediately.

Re: Six Flags New England |"Goliath"| Vekoma Giant Inverted

Almost complete!

ScreenShot2012-02-18at120624PM.png

http://www.necn.com/02/17/12/Job-Fair-h ... eedID=4206

I think it will also make that end of the park even more dead than before. People will just stop at the GIB and go back to Superman.

Snoo said:
I think it will also make that end of the park even more dead than before. People will just stop at the GIB and go back to Superman.

Nah, I'll still go to Catapult to have my nuts crushed and Cyclone to have my neck snapped. :wink:

UC said:
Nah, I'll still go to Catapult to have my nuts crushed

See, I'm never at the park the one day out of the year it operates.

It's down a lot, but it's actually usually open when I'm there. Even if it's temporarily down earlier in the day.

I'm worried about Deja Vu actually being open with the track record it has, though.

UC said:
If I didn't bother to ride Cyclone I'd completely forget it's there.

I can't remember how many years I tried to like Cyclone but I think I finally gave up last season.

Pieman said:
UC said:

It's down a lot, but it's actually usually open when I'm there. Even if it's temporarily down earlier in the day.

I'm worried about Deja Vu actually being open with the track record it has, though.

This is the one from 6FMM, which was considered to be the most reliable of the three in the US. (Not saying a lot, I know...)

UC said:

Come on UC, even I've been on it! :p

It is rapidly becoming "dead end corner" though. The rides that are always broken, or you wish they were ;)

I'll be really sad if I don't get to ride this in June. And I think Kyle will be even worse. He's he's missed it twice when it's been shut in the past.

^ they still have to constuct the station and pathway around the ride, but it should be open before June, I'm hoping early May. I doubt it will be ready for opening day April 14, though.

Wanna see something HILARIOUS that's KIND of on topic;

This hilarious status came from Adventure World Warsaw's Facebook Status;

Something special for adrenaline enthusiasts! Goliath – the world's highest rollercoaster will be one of the greatest attractions of the Six Flags amusement park being built in Agawam, USA. Railway construction will provide amazing speed and radical changes of direction – up to 90 degrees and frequent returns to the route. Would you dare for such a ride?

How funny.