What's new

Spinball Whizzer to Sonic Spinball?

Sonic Adventure is a game. I wonder if the queue will actually get longer next year because of this or it'll stay around the same as not many members of the public care about new stickers on a coasters cars. :p

I don't think it's in any way a reference to the Sonic Adventure games, because they are liek 10 years old now. I think it's stayed as Adventureland, because it doesn't actually matter what it's called. Sonic is only affecting one ride.

SONIC LAND... And, and... Beastie?

They could retheme beastie to the caterkiller?

S1ee_caterkiller.png

Actually, this is an amazing idea.

^ If only we had a like button! That is genious! At least it would give the area some continuity! But I hate the mixture of sonic + caterplillers ever scince sonic rush. Shame Zamperla will never do it. >< (Am I right in saying it would be zamperla that would replace the cars seeing as pinfari are no longer with us?)

As it will make no difference to my ride experience, it get's a bit fat "meh" from me! Good to see it getting some TLC though.

I hope they'll put some speakers on the MCBR's, like on Crush, because that really works fantasticly, well it does on Crush anyway.

^Because Sonic and his silly little friends decided he looks like a giant egg, and so began calling him Eggman. And...then Robotnik randomly decided, "Hey, not bad! I like it!" and declared himself Eggman for no actual explained reason.

Basically :?

^Yeah, that's it. I think it first started in Sonic Adventure when Sonic's says "Hey look, it's a giant talking egg!". The part about Robotnik liking it was just me guessing :lol:

I think the shockingly bad voice acting and 50 million new characters may also be why the games suck now, too...

Nemesis Inferno said:
^Is that actually it?

Either way, I'm sure there's a link between the games going downhill with that namechange...
Sega named him Dr. Robotnik when they localized him in the west because it was during the end of the cold war and anything Russian was scary as balls. It was around this time that Robotnik was awesome and actually did scary **** like having robots ban fun, pic related;

benderdoingwork.jpg

Then he got testicular cancer and since Sega in Japan used Eggman, they decided to combine the two, but just call him Eggman. It was around that time instead of building huge death star knockoffs and being megalomaniacal. Eggman would just find some old, ancient force or legends and lose control of them and at the last minute "turn good."

He's a crappy villain at that. Also, this retheme kicks ass.

From Brookes' trip report:

032.jpg

THAT is embarrassingly awful.