What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Fingers crossed Mack Rides and Thorpe Park work together on Hyperia over the winter to stop this from happening, or atleast work on a solution for recovering trains from this spot. It’s just awful timing falling before the start of Fright Nights.

I did fear seeing just how slow the empty the test runs were on Sunday after they had been stationary for 15 minutes, that this was going to happen again.

Yes the tests were pretty slow during the Live. We got extremely lucky with that weekend's weather being better than it had been.

It is concerning though as it's often cold here even in autumn or spring so this could be a persistent problem if not resolved in a more permanent way.

As others have said with the colder weather now this is could be a regular occurence every winter.

Pretty big deal if every time it happens they have to crane the train off the track and the coaster goes down for a few days and then down to 1 train operation for a while longer.

Apart from reprofiling the outerbank is there much they could do to stop this happening? As it looks like this time they had water dummies on some of the rows. I know for The Smiler they switched to running 'faster' wheels after it's valleying issues so I guess that could be an option.

I remember when we were discussing that it was running too fast and NEEDED TRIM BRAKES.

Thorpe management are going to be holding their breath every morning now when those first test trains are sent.

Not ideal with the extremely busy Fright Nights coming up.

Fingers crossed Mack Rides and Thorpe Park work together on Hyperia over the winter to stop this from happening, or atleast work on a solution for recovering trains from this spot. It’s just awful timing falling before the start of Fright Nights.

I did fear seeing just how slow the empty the test runs were on Sunday after they had been stationary for 15 minutes, that this was going to happen again.
Thorpe should have filled the full train with dummies, only filling 3 rows is lazy and has resulted in this situation twice now

Thorpe should have filled the full train with dummies, only filling 3 rows is lazy and has resulted in this situation twice now
That's not entirely a fair comment.

I don't know about this time but the first time it valleyed they had been running it with almost all the dummies (as they do every morning), slowly emptying and removing them row by row before sending empty trains.

The first time they even had staff loaded on the train in the station and were about to dispatch it when they saw the empty train on the circuit valley.

I can't vouch for this time, but I see no reason why the team would have done anything different.

Did they already put wheel heaters in the station?
Yes, I believe so.

They do.

They do tests with trains completely filled with dummies. Then they empty 1-2 rows' worth of dummies, remove the dummies, and repeat until they clear the train, then do a test run completely empty.

They've done that every day for months.

They have even built scaffolding behind the station to hold the dummies so they don't have to carry them up and down stairs daily.

The stalling categorically isn't down to the laziness of Thorpe engineers. It's stalling in spite of their work.

They do.

They do tests with trains completely filled with dummies. Then they empty 1-2 rows' worth of dummies, remove the dummies, and repeat until they clear the train, then do a test run completely empty.

They've done that every day for months.

They have even built scaffolding behind the station to hold the dummies so they don't have to carry them up and down stairs daily.

The stalling categorically isn't down to the laziness of Thorpe engineers. It's stalling in spite of their work.
If its crawling round then it needs to run longer with more dummies doesn't it, warm it up before just taking more off