What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

How long did it take to recover after the last valley? Selfishly asking as attending TP tomorrow

It stalled on 19th June, reopened on 22nd (on one train), and then back to two on 23rd.

The recovery period potentially took slightly longer as they had to create a concrete base for the crane equipment to sit on. With that now in place, it shouldn't take too long. It's more a case of when they can get the equipment in, the time to do it (as it may require Saw to not being running to remove the train) and what they what to do prior to re-opening.

I don't know the current state of play, but if they remove it quick enough, it certainly could reopen today on one train if the park chose to do so.

Going to Thorpe on Monday, haven't been on Hyperia yet so I'm hoping for a speedy turnaround, but deep down I'm already preparing my post for the "Worst Ever Spite" thread. 🙄

All these issues have put me off visiting the park this year. Having visited Thorpe more times than I can count I'd be going purely for Hyperia.
I know it's not the park's fault and they're doing the best they can, but the time and cost involved in visiting Thorpe now from up north means I will have to hang on a while longer.