What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Somebody posted on facebook, I forgot who, that a friend told them that vertical construction should start in a bit, about 1 week, as most of the footers have been filled and done. Also, some of the guys friend, know peeps who are working on THE SWARM, so that would back up what he said. Can't wait for it to begin.

Great!Now we can really get excited...

Let's hope this goes up as quick as PA's invert!

^Really? They started land clearing last summer and aren't opening until next year...

^True, just being hopeful though.

Actually, I do wonder if X-flight will open before swarm...

I don't think x-flight will open before SWARM. If I am correct, they are beginning clearing the land for it, correct me if I'm wrong peeps. If any pics come today, we will see if anything exciting has happened @ SWARM's site.

Not sure if you peeps have seen this. I found it on another forum, all credit goes to who took it.
31092e76.jpg

the king said:
I don't think x-flight will open before SWARM. If I am correct, they are beginning clearing the land for it, correct me if I'm wrong peeps. If any pics come today, we will see if anything exciting has happened @ SWARM's site.

Land clearing started some years ago. They removed the Shoot the Chutes in 2006-ish and the putt-putt cars year-before-last.

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

When les asked me and my friend about discovering the truth, we said LC12.net redirects you to the swarm.co.uk
And his response was:
'thorpe park have hacked my site again'

As promised some photos 2nd Sept, Lots of piles in now and big holes being dug, lots of activity behind Flying Fish, but unable to get too close, cannot now get photos from Fish exit as trees to high,(not that I tried before but the view is now blocked for those stupid enough to try you will be moved on very quickly by ride staff )you have to ride The Fish to see, which I did quite a bit to be nosey.
There are 2 piles there not filled with concrete yet. So I stuck to the 2 areas I could get something from safely and without bending any rules.

dsc02862m.jpg

dsc02863aq.jpg

dsc02866ec.jpg

Les is Still doing his thing but as Stealth was closed he just sat like this

dsc02870w.jpg

From behind Stealth

dsc02873u.jpg

dsc02876crop.jpg

dsc02878b.jpg

dsc02880o.jpg

dsc02881z.jpg

dsc02885f.jpg

dsc02894go.jpg

This one and next show where the metal cage was going, it was layed behind Fish and filled with concrete by end of afternoon, then ironwork ready for concrete piles were put in place as well on top ready for filling with concrete, hence my many trips around on Fish to see what was going on

dsc02900cb.jpg

dsc02904n.jpg

Now back behind Stealth

dsc02917a.jpg

dsc02924nh.jpg

The next is the previous one cropped as it shows old piles in ground now unearthed

dsc02924crop.jpg

Now the new advertising board by entrance, plus I have put another 2 not related to Swarm as I am not going to start a new post elsewhere for them.

dsc02943v.jpg

dsc02946mx.jpg

dsc02958uk.jpg

2new advertising boards being fitted yesterday but not related to Swarm and Blow (****) Up , and yes that is what is says but don tactfully with graphics so as not to offend, and Fright Nights.

dsc02910v.jpg

dsc02912v.jpg

dsc02938d.jpg

A great set of pics beans. Vertical construction should start in a bit now.

Blow **** Up!!! Thats a great message to be sending the parks main demographic of visitors... :roll:

Cheers for the pictures Beans. I do love it once they start construction becase of how quickly things move along. Although my true excitement will come when the station building and theming starts going up :)

Come on there was some metal in those picture and concrete...LOL

Finally we're getting somewhere!

Good to know that the footers are now done (if not-nearly) which means that after some more observations of the site vertical construction will (hopefully) begin soon!

UPWARDS!!!!! :p

...and hopefully Swarm will be up in no time at all! :--D

This should go up pretty quickly, as it as a B&M.
However, if im mistaken didnt Raptor at gardaland take a little while?
Maybe that was just the park I dunno

I cannot wait to see for myself in October how construction is coming along, its going to be a great ride, i cant decide whether it looks better on the right side or left side?

Very interested in what that New Attraction is in the final pic...

Status
Not open for further replies.