What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^ A charity event for people with constipation?

It has been confirmed that vertical construction has been arranged to begin this wednesday. I'm going on friday, so I should get some pics.

the king said:
It has been confirmed that vertical construction has been arranged to begin this wednesday. I'm going on friday, so I should get some pics.

nice :p what do you think theyll start first? lift?

im going in just under 2 weeks, hopefully they'll be a nice amount of construction by then :mrgreen:

I find this layout to be a little uneventful. Its probably just me, but this video makes it look kinda boring.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIwvuRvqIQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

It is probably just me though.

^ the actual ride will be more rapid fire and snappy im guessing. Those elements were quite drawn out but it was still a good recreation. The ride does seem a bit short, no? I guess they have to kind of be like that because theyre quite expensive with the big lift hill and trains.

Josh73 said:
I find this layout to be a little uneventful. Its probably just me, but this video makes it look kinda boring.

Look on the construction blog for THE SWARM for a better recreation. Those near miss elements make the ride more intense, as you may know, especially the plane from my opinion.

I understand why people think that fireworks sign is a bit... wrong, lol. But I love it. I think they know their demographic all to well and their success in marketing at it should be praised.

It's just a pity Merlin seem to be such pros at targeting the skeptical teen audience that everyone else in the world is terrible at targeting, but can't get their head around targeting families.

the king said:
Josh73 said:

Look on the construction blog for THE SWARM for a better recreation. Those near miss elements make the ride more intense, as you may know, especially the plane from my opinion.

could you perhaps link to that?
Sorry I just cant find it anywhere.

here it is

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kBRROkk0S0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

but i still agree, after seeing the layout of the 2 other wing riders in america, this layout is a tad dull :(

never the less, should still have a good first drop :)

THANK YOU Ethan <3

We put together those pages for exactly these moments, so that people have a single handy source for all the information so far. It's great to see somebody is not only aware of it, but helping others out by pointing them to the pages :)

307538_10150356835140867_27217550866_10150011_5763290_n.jpg

Crap pic by thorpe of the site so far.

They had better put something more round that inline twist... I love the Six Flags inline twist, that looks terrorfying... They should do somthing like that

jordypordy11 said:
but i still agree, after seeing the layout of the 2 other wing riders in america, this layout is a tad dull :(

Bloody enthusiasts, never impressed... :disgust: Just be thankful the UK is getting a decent, big thrill coaster instead of the pants family and kiddy ones we always seem to get.

Can't wait to see this baby going vertical and ready for display on Fright Nights.

I dont think the layout is dull, but it is a tad short. I dont see why there needs to be such a long break run, but it doesnt affect the ride that much, it will still be great.

dominoes said:
They had better put something more round that inline twist... I love the Six Flags inline twist, that looks terrorfying... They should do somthing like that

There is theming around the inline twist. Theres a tower that the coaster goes through, and a gap in the church wall. Also, you will be hurtling above the station building, which should add a nice effect.

Loving the music used during the POV section of the video above.

I wonder whether this will have a decent custom score?

The layout is a bit meh, but if the put in more theming elements than shown in that video it won't really matter. I am convinced that these coasters are all about the head and leg choppers.

Still, i'm looking forward to seeing some vertical construction soon. Its great having a coaster in the UK to actually look forward to...

Status
Not open for further replies.