What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

A good view of the site. Credit goes to james salter, for the vid, this is a screenshot.
led.png

^^ Just looks like mud and no footers too me, but I am no builder....

well the station looks to be the only thing interesting me atm :L and a decent amount of footers :p

if only thorpe park did put a web cam on stealth over the winter :roll:

rollermonkey said:
Congrats on 100 pages, with virtually no meaningful content!

Like every other major theme park addition over here then?

Don't think people realise the extra work Thorpe need to do with the groundwork in comparison to other parks due to the man made lake... It's not that simple to dump dirt down and make an island, especially when you're adding several tons of concrete and steel onto it...

Look how quick Asterix's went up, once it begins construction it'll be over before we know it, probably in time to advertise during Firght Nights/Fireworks...

That pictures interesting, it does show alot of progress, obviously no vertical construction but you can see them digging the ponds out and the placement of the footers should give an idea of the scale of the thing.

This reminds me of days of Nemesis Inferno's construction..memories. I remember the site looking just like this.

To me Judging from that Pic The site does not look Ready for vertical yet ?

According to Jared on his Facebook wall there is some vertical construction with him saying 'Hello Swarm lift hill'. Jared is a trusted source as he is a member on here.

It's some dirt, a digger and something that looks a bit like a circus tent.

OH AND A FENCE.

Wait later today for pics of the lift hill. I pressume in 3 days time, the lift hill should completed with the drop of course. Now it has begun.

I dont see the point of construction pics until verticAl construction has started because tbh some of the pics are pointless, boring and full of MUD!!!

So The Swarm has 5 inversions, wow I thought it only had 4...... the layout just seems iversion after inversion

Status
Not open for further replies.