What's new

Top 5 park wishlist

Colossus

Giga Poster
I was thinking about what parks I haven't been to that I really would love to get to for the first time and I was just wondering what your park wishlist if you will, would be and your reasons why?

1. Hershey Park - I don`t know why? But for some reason I think, if I visited Hershy, it would be my favorite park, the ride line up looks great, but there seems to be something else attracting me there that I can`t put my finger on?
2. Cedar point - All the rides there , the fact that it`s sometimes known as a coaster mecca, it might not be as good as I have hyped it up in my head, but I just need to know.
3. SF Great Adventure - Similar to CP, great amount of rides, El Toro, KdK etc, I just need to experience this highly well spoke of park and make up my own opinion on the ride line up.
4. Europa Park - Plan to do this this year, I really want to judge Silver Star, some say its great, some say its rubbish? Plus Blue Fire, Wodan not to mention the rest of the park.
5. Lake Compounce - purely to ride, in what is most peoples opinion, is the best coaster in the world.

I have 5 (well more but I'll stick to 5) I'd love to go to

In NO PARTICULAR order

1) Cedar Point: It's a Mecca of coasters. enough said
2) Port Aventura: I've never been to Europe but something about PA's rides just draws me to want to go
3) SF Great Adventure: I've been lucky enough to be given the opportunity and will be visiting there this summer
4)Lake Compounce: Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash Boulder Dash etc
5) Kennywood: It looks like I'll have the good fortune to go here this summer and ride the rides my dad grew up on with him

Oooooh good topic :)

1) Six Flags Magic Mountain... Next to Cedar Point (which I've already been too) its got the most roller coasters in a park, plus it seems to get loads of good reviews and its in California. Have to the do west coast.
2) Knott's Berry Farm...classic park that has lasted through out the ages and held its own against Disneyland down the road. Also a west coast park.
3) Six Flags Great Adventure...El toro, and Kingda ka (though I've been told its just like TTD) are big ones on my to ride list.
4) Alton Towers...already covered Thorpe Park but I still want to visit England's other thrill capital.
5) The last one is a tie :S
Busch Gardens Williamsburg... want to see if its better than its Tampa cousin.
Europa Park.... its supposedly takes 2 days to get it all done and has to be worth the visit.

I've done four of mine (Liseberg, Hershey, Lake Compunce and SFGAdv) since my last one of these kind of lists a long time ago.

I guess now I'm not too fussed, but:
1. SF Magic Mountain. Great coaster line-up and I actually quite like Six Flags parks.
2. Europa Park. Another great line-up and it looks like a great park to holiday at. Maybe next year ;)
3. Parc Asterix. Just because I've always wanted to go since joining CF. Mayeb next year ;)
4. Probably somewhere exotic like Lotte World that looks fantastic.
5. Islands of Adventure, just to see what all the hype is about.

No Cedar Point for me. It's got a huge collection of rides, most of them "meh". Maverick is the standout ride, but other than that, there's nothing there that is a real draw for me.

1) Tokyo DisneySea - the theming looks breathtaking and everyone I know who has been says it's literally the best thing ever, and seeing as I'm a bit of a Disney goon I can't see myself NOT enjoying the place!

2) Europa Park - amazing array of coasters mixed with some interesting looking theming, I'd like to spend a long weekend there at some point.

3) Six Flags Magic Mountain - the sheer quantity of coasters makes this place WANT for me. It's like that childhood dream when you're a young enthusiast, it's just the 'must' go place.

4) Dollywood - for the pure Americana of it. I really love tacky places/things, and you don't get more tacky than Dolly Parton, although the park looks anything but! Really gorgeous looking place with a pretty solid ride line up, and I'm intrigued about Mystery Mine.

5) Cedar Point - because I'm a credit whore, and I couldn't think of anywhere else that I'm literally DYING to go to haha.

I'll start off by saying if you haven't been to Cedar Point go now! Like, right now!

Places I haven't been:

#1. Portaventura - Should be happening this year and nice and easy to get to
#2. Six Flags NE - Mainly for Bizarro, I want to see how it compares to Millennium Force.
#3. Six Flags Magic Mountain - Mainly for X
#4. Europa Park - Close enough so hopefully get there soon
#5. A toss up between Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Island - Apollo's Chariot and Diamondback respectively

1. Cedar Point - obvious reasons. Theme park with largest number of rides, and second largest number of coasters in the world. Looks bloody beautiful.
2. Florida in general - couldn't pick a specific park. Just so many fantastic quality parks in Orlando and around Florida.
3. Dubailand - world's largest collection of theme parks and attractions when complete. Any theme park enthusiast would have this in their list!
4. South California - like Orlando, many different quality theme parks, just a great area.
5. Erm, er... hm... dunno. :/ I really find it difficult to pick between theme parks, there are so many brilliant ones around the world - it's impossible! :O

^Dubailand's never happening.

In any order (and more than 5) really:

Europa Park - Loadsa coasters and apparently a really nice park to boot.
Gold Reef City - Looks really nice and has that Tower of Terror thing.
Warner Bros. Movie World - Superman Escape and Scooby Doo look really cool.
Islands of Adventure - Looks like a great park
Busch Africa - Been wanting to go for aaaaaaages
Universal Singapore - for that Vekoma thing, Jurassic Park rapids and Transformers

#1: Europa Park: Blue Fire, Woden, and plus I've heard nothing but good things about this park
#2: Hershey Park: The variety, simple as that.
#3: Cedar Point: There's something about the combination of Maverick, Millennium Force, and Dragster that just seems to be calling to me.
#4: Six Flags Great Adventure: El Toro, Kingda Ka, and I've always wanted to ride Nitro (I've got a soft spot for B&M Hypers)
#5: Dollywood: Triple threat (Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, Wild Eagle)

Jordo, Mystery Mine is pretty poo.

I've done most of my wishlist, but these are some parks I want in no particular order:

1. Phantasialand
2. Europa Park
3. Six Flags Magic Mountain
4. Any of the awful, tacky, off the beaten path Asian parks
5. Any of the other Disney parks besides the Floridian one which I've already been to

1. Europa Park - There seems to be a lot of hype for this place from coaster communities, but some German friends really don't understand what the big fuss is about, so it'll be interesting to see if this place lives up to the hype.

2. Tokyo Disneyland/sea - I'm going to Hong Kong Disneyland in a couple of months, so it'd be nice if I could finish off the collection of Disney parks.

3. Cedar Point - Do I need to explain this one?

4. Fuji-Q Highland - Differing opinions about this place from many people, but I'd love to visit on a non-Holiday period, during the week and see what this place is all about.

5. Kings Island - Possibly a weird choice given how much I hated Kings Dominion (it's still pretty much my bottom park), but with 14 possible coaster credits, including Diamondback and Beast, there must be something there that can give this place a bit of credibility to be on my list!

Honorary mentions go to Everland for T Express and Holiday Park for Expedition GeForce.

1) Cedar Point: for the pure sake of it! It has been my dream park since I was little and first saw it on a TV show!

2) SF Great Adventure: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro and the list goes on.. :--D

3) SF Magic Mountain: so many great coasters! And it seems like most members on the forum that has been there think it's a really nice place as well :)

4) Busch Gardens Tampa: looks like the American version of Port Aventura. Great theming and lot's of high quality coasters!

5) Busch Gardens Williamsburg: BGT seems slightly better, but I really like these Busch parks. Instead of building a lot of half arsed rides they go all in for a few top notch coasters instead! Just my type of theme parks :)

In no particular order...

Europa Park - Could go at any point really, it just hasn't happened yet.

Cedar Point - Loadsa creds, loads.

Gold Reef City - A couple of VERY unique coasters, and a Schwarz shuttle loop <3. Plus, I need my SA country cred.

Tokyo Disneyland/Sea - put together for obvious reasons, it's not like you'd just visit one...

Fuji-Q - <3

1. Alton Towers.. well obviously.
2. Gold Reef City.. as gavin said, mostly for ToT and because I've always wanted to go to Africa.
3. Nagashima Spa Land
4. Port Adventura
5. Fuji-Q

Not including any parks i've done already or arranged to visit this year:

1. Canadas Wonderland - I wanna fly to Canada just for Behemoth, Leviathan and Mighty Canadian Minebuster.
2. Mount Olympus - I really want to ride Hades after enjoying The Voyage so much.
3. Port Aventura - Shambhala, Dragon Khan and Hurakan Condor are tempting enough, if I enjoy Baco or Stampida it's a bonus.
4. Liseberg - Balder looks awesome, Atmos fear and Lisebergbanan could be great too.
5. Nagashima Spa Land - Just for the pure scale of SD2K and White Cyclone, even if they ride like crap.

^ Hahaha, Minebusters is good, but not THAT good.

1. Cedar Point
2. SFMM
3. Gardaland
4. Mirabillinda (Don't know how to spell it)
5. Thorpe or Alton, not sure which.

^To be fair if Minebuster didn't exist i'd still want to go just for the other two, but it still looks better than the remaining rides IMO, I tend to enjoy old out and back woodies like the Racer, Blue Streak and Amerian Eagle.

I've been on Flight deck at Kings Island already which I think is roughly the same, to be honest it doesn't stand out as a great ride but then again Vortex looks like it's in a better setting. I'll never get chance to ride the one Suspended coaster I really wanted to ride, my list above would be different if Eagles Fortress was still operating.

^I don't know what it was, but I MUCH preferred Vortex to Flight Deck. Are they actually the exact same?

Neither of them comes close to Eagle's Fortress though, which I must've ridden about 25 times, including numerous night rides.

*Smug*