What's new

What is your irrational fear?

Spiders </3 Seriously, if it's any bigger than my thumb nail, I'm shouting to my dad or my brother to get rid of it... And the dark (says the horror fanatic, who wonders why.......) I am terrified of the dark, outside, in the house, at other people's houses, I am petrified.

Surprisingly, driving at night in the country side is apparently a new irrational fear for me :lol:

Yay scary movies since I was a kid >_>

Venom2053 said:
I don't know if I am the only one but I am scared Wax figures.

^This... it used to be manikins for me though. It then led me to having a dream as a small child that I was walking past one in a clothing store...it grabbed me by the hands and sucked me into this endless warp...awful chilling sensation :shock:. I remember one time in my early childhood kicking one off a display in a clothes shop too, best sense of relief ever.

Colossus said:
Scraping of cutlery on plates, sends a shiver down my spine.

oh, and this too.

OMG, melting ice cream. I don't typically eat ice cream so I can avoid it, but lately I bought frozen yoghurt which is delicious. It makes me sick to look at people sipping on melted ice cream in a bowl. It looks like a swamp of nastiness, and when mine melts I get frantic and either throw it away or shove the rest of the remaining frozen part in my mouth and swiftly dispose of the melted puddle.

You people are all **** crazy.

As for me, I'm slightly creeped out by clowns, I guess, but I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near phobic. Heights can make me feel a bit queasy as well; anything from riding a ferris wheel or drop tower, to standing near the window of a very tall building, to standing near the edge of a high mountain overlook can trigger it, but as has been laid out here, that's a pretty rational fear. Also for some reason, roller coasters somehow don't really have that affect on me, I guess because the feeling of being securely strapped into a car on a hulking steel track is pretty reassuring.

As a little kid I used to be afraid of the chain lifts on coasters because I thought there was a possibility the chain would snap, the train would fall back down into the station, and everyone involved would either die or sustain severe injuries. But I dunno if that was irrational so much as just entirely misinformed, having no knowledge of anti-rollback systems.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
OMG, melting ice cream. I don't typically eat ice cream so I can avoid it, but lately I bought frozen yoghurt which is delicious. It makes me sick to look at people sipping on melted ice cream in a bowl. It looks like a swamp of nastiness, and when mine melts I get frantic and either throw it away or shove the rest of the remaining frozen part in my mouth and swiftly dispose of the melted puddle.

That is straight up weird, I'm sorry. Hell, I'll melt mine on purpose sometimes.

My irrational fear is maggots or certain types of caterpillars. Not an "Oh, ew" fear, a fear like they will burrow into my skin and kill me slowly from the inside.

I'm assuming, this being CoasterForce we aren't supposed to say rollercoasters?

But seriously, spiders. Yes it's cliché but my gawd they are just freaky, but I am not afraid to just kill them.

madhjsp said:
As a little kid I used to be afraid of the chain lifts on coasters because I thought there was a possibility the chain would snap, the train would fall back down into the station, and everyone involved would either die or sustain severe injuries. But I dunno if that was irrational so much as just entirely misinformed, having no knowledge of anti-rollback systems.

Well you had a reason for your fear...rolling back and either dying or sustaining injuries, so it's rational :wink:

It also happened in the 1970's (the rollbacks were rotted and didn't stop the train), so not irrational at all, but actually possible and I think five kids dies and another 9 or something were seriously hurt.

Have fun on your next old woody by the way ;)

These ****

223690_10151126281196025_200980612_n.jpg

Yeah, see, that's you not being arsed to google it. My photo was taken by me, last week, when that **** LEAPT out at me. They're vile.

Nic said:
These ****

223690_10151126281196025_200980612_n.jpg

Live in the Pine Barrens, you get them every time it rains. They freak the living **** out of me, too. Silverfish are also just as bad.

That is straight up weird, I'm sorry. Hell, I'll melt mine on purpose sometimes.

It's just like, a horrid, sickly, vile milkshake after it melts. I don't like to look at it, let alone eat it! I don't know why I dislike it so much, it's kind of odd.

Nic, you've just made me take everything I own off the floor of this room, thinking a gross little thing like that could crawl into my shopping bags. Thankfully I don't see those very often though (watch, as soon as I get off here I'll see one). I hate them, but spiders and craneflies are worse.

Definately needles, especially the canulars they use before surgery and they slip them in under the skin in the back of your hand, I usually howel the place down!! Now have to ask for kiddie gel to numb the hand or arm, as I ask to have them put in my arm rather than hand. Blood tests I always warn then I could pass out, they tend to lay you down if you say this.

Heights as well, even though the heights on Rollercoasters doesn't affect me at all, just stand me near the edge of a drop, I totally freak, Phill did this to me on Isle of Mull, next to a water fall, he even sat on the edge, I just completely collapsed with fear, I was a wreck and all he could do was laugh....London Eye is OK but the Eiffel Tower was not good. Yet having a trial Flying Lesson was awesome, the height was nothing as I enjoyed it, neither did flying to US.