What's new

What was your first coaster to feature a launch?

My first launched ride was Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island. I love the LIM launch right into a upwards spiral.

Freischütz, Bayern Park
It's basically the first ever proper rollercoaster I've been on. It's a very short ride and the launch is pretty gentle (1G), but it pulls some crazy G-Force (up to 4.3G) every now and then in some narrow and banked curves that are almost passed with the rollercoasters' high speed.

Rita.
Followed by Velocity.

Consequently, I had a healthy dislike of launched coasters for at least the next 4 seasons.

I reckon it was probably something like Rock n Rollercoaster in Orlando? I remember my dad telling me it was a simulator to get me into the queue and then realising I'd be had. I loved it though!

It opened in '99 and I visited in 2000 so would've been 9 years old when I rode it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Mountain or Rock N' Roller coaster at DLP. Can't remember which one I went on first but RnR took me by surprise I remember that.

You guys are so young with all these comments... I'm going to show my age.. LOL

Laser Loop , Kennywood

Psyké Underground (Walibi Belgium), when it was known as Turbine then. I believe it was also my first Schwarzkopf. The launch felt powerful and so did the looping! Too bad they switched for a fairly lacklustre LIM system since :(