What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New "world-first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

^ Are you on about that ripple towards the crest of the hill? If you are, I think thats been there for many, many years. I had been driving very long before I first drove to the Towers, and I wondered what the hell was going on when I went over that ripple, felt like the car was going to fall apart!

Yep, on the right hand bend. It went last winter I think, but it may have been the season before.

It was really bad, because you're in a low gear with high revs, then turning right too and I always found the go bouncing and slipping left as it fought for grip over the ripples.

It's fine now and was last season though.

New "world-first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

Never noticed that but I probably go in a different way? I never really noticed any of the roads being that bad tbh no more holes than we get anywhere else.

The only part of the road I hate is a sharpe left at a junction up hill.

It had gone when I visited in Sept 2010, but it had been there since at least 2003.

Who say's we have nothing to talk about? :lol:

Tom G said:
Pierre said:
I wonder what statistics they've used to actually compile that research? Sounds like a load of figures pulled out of someones arse.

The ones that were submitted with the planning application, I believe!

Its impossible to predict stats such as 57 more cars in the morning during peak hour and 65 in the departure hour because you're putting a new **** ride in.

I wouldn't even say they're estimates either. They could have put **** all in and just marketed the **** out of the park and increased visitor numbers. Ridiculous statistics.

Apparently planning permission has been granted? (ciall posted it on Twitter....)

Indeed it has.

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/n...=1331836663&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1,9,10&

Alton Towers Resort fans today breathed a sigh of relief as Staffordshire Moorlands Council granted planning permission for the world-first rollercoaster opening in 2013 on the site of the Blackhole Tent in X-Sector, despite strong opposition from Alton and Farley Parish Councils.

Construction can now begin for SW7, with the demolition of the Blackhole Tent set to start within the coming months. Construction will be noticeable throughout the 2012 season with much of X-Sector behind construction walls, previously both Submission and Enterprise were going to be closed due to SW7 construction but this decision was reversed last month.

Secret Weapon Seven is set to be the latest in the long line of world class rollercoasters at the Alton Towers Resort. Unlike the previous 'Secret Weapon', Thirteen, SW7 will be a more thrilling white-knuckle experience. SW7 is already advertised on the 2012 Resort Map.

Alton Towers Resort have released the following statement:

Alton Towers Resort is delighted to confirm that their World-first new attraction for 2013 has today been given the go ahead by Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.

The steel rollercoaster will be constructed in the X-Sector area of the Theme Park, replacing the Black Hole which was decommissioned in 2005.

“This is fabulous news for us,” said Mark Kerrigan, Operations and Development Director, “as it means we can now start the development process properly to ensure that this magnificent new addition to our already world-class stable of thrill rides is ready for the start of our 2013 season!

“Continued investment in high quality, innovative new rides and attractions is vital to us if we are to maintain our position as the UK’s leading Resort Theme Park and in turn contribute to the long term economic stability that we bring to the surrounding area.

“This new rollercoaster will continue to diversify the range of attractions available at the Resort, which will enhance our visitor offer even more and ensure we continue to attract visitors. It will also allow us to dedicate funding to Staffordshire Highways and into the important historic gardens and listed buildings.

“We hope that with the introduction of such an amazing new attraction, we will have a truly momentous season next year!”

Brilliant news!

Yay! But now I wonder what the worlds first bit is. Ive decided to switch my vote and go for inversions record or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Excellent.

Swarm restored my faith in Merlin today. I'm confident this will be pretty special.

^ Without going off topic, yes.

Back to this now....

The first sentence is enough for me to doubt the credibility of that 'statement'.

Um, from what I got told, planning permissions as granted like 10 days or so ago? Maybe not then...

Nah, it was the final thingy on Wednesday, consultation or review or whatever. I think that it was pretty much a done deal though.

So, now we need to start looking at another huge construction topic... 79 pages already and it's only been confirmed for 18 hours :lol:

Great news though, really looking forward to this one (not the actual ride, but the whole excitement thing).

Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

And lets hope this one doesn't result in a load of n00bs joining and spamming up the forum...

It would be nice if it could stay as a construction thread, or at least half decent conversation-thread. But I guess that'll mean we'll only reach about 105 pages...?

Well...given the amount of members is always on a rise...most of them are n00bs though.

I can't wait for this new ride but I'll be interested to see what the world's first aspect will be. My bet is on coaster type. :--D

But the bigger question...will it be black? (Like Th13teen, Oblivion, Raptor, Krake and SaW). Probably.

I can easily see this being a dark gray though...kinda to offset it from all the Black.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

But Oblivion is grey (supposed to be black) so I am hoping for maybe an Orange/yellow with black to go with the rest of x-Sector?

I think a bright orange coaster with black/dark grey supports would look good. Imagine that Eurofighter design in those colors!

Honestly, though, I don't think it'll be the Eurofighter. It's supposed to be a world's first, and I saw nothing unique about that Eurofighter. Unless they're using holograms or some crazy high-tech theming equipment, I don't think we're seeing that being built.

Status
Not open for further replies.