What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

oriolat2 said:
Is there much track left to be placed? If not, I agree it looks rather bland, but I guess it's ok since it's a family coaster.

From the photos, I get it's basically, straight-y bit to the launch track, launch, building of random darkness and effects, drop, launch, MCBR, drop, S-section, station. Is that it?

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Also, did anybody notice that bizarre support down at the bottom of the drop? I don't know why, but I love that! It reminds me of Great Bear's crazy supports.

NBP231.jpg

NBP233.jpg

Not THAT unique. ;)

389068_531866005204_110300559_30488727_1659062712_n.jpg

Kinda feeling like they removed Big Bad Wolf for an even less impressive Thirteen :_(

I think we should stop putting it down to much when we haven't even ridden the thing yet. I agree, I was expecting slightly more, but it still could be a nice little ride.

It's already better than Thirteen IMO :)

Bentleya said:
Ethan said:
It's already Looks better than Thirteen IMO :)

Fixed that for you :roll:

Not really. Maybe if you'd have put: "It already looks...", you would have... :roll:

Yeah, to be honest, it'd be a nice little family coaster, that's it. But I can't agree more about that drop, it kind of screams, WHY?!

Mysterious Sue said:
389068_531866005204_110300559_30488727_1659062712_n.jpg

Kinda feeling like they removed Big Bad Wolf for an even less impressive Thirteen :_(

To be fair, thats just the start. Its just rolls out of the station, minces about there and on to the first launch. You can just about see the white LSM's behind that tree.

I think it does look like a good family coaster. Stunning? Mind-Blowing? Surprising? No. This is exactly what I was expecting. A family coaster. Mabye a little better that the average family coaster, but not amazing.

Yea I agree, I wasn't expecting much. It does however look very nice in the forest and the theming should be interesting. It's what BGW needed, a good family coaster.

sure, it doesn't look like much, but i'm excited. it is well themed, and it will be the world's first launched family coaster, it is going to be like wicked but less exciting and better themed.

I like the look of this, but I think the drop looks a bit small... Is it bigger than Th13teen's?

I like that they left a lot of trees in place. With a Black Forest theme, that's pretty important.

Also, BBW didn't really do a lot at the very beginning of the layout, either.

So since it's the end of the year and Christmas Town is over, do you think we will see some construction pictures or advertising? I get that BGW wants to keep this ride mysterious, but it's mysterious to us coaster enthusiasts. I doubt the GP even knows it's there. Since we can't scan QR codes anymore, they'll have to find some way of promoting it, even if they are trying to keep it mysterious.

Let me Preface my post with this. I am new and don't know an awful lot. I also read some of the pages but i did not read them all.

When you guys are saying drop do you mean like a normal coaster has hills or will there be a vertical drop. Like on Th13teen?

rollermonkey said:
I like that they left a lot of trees in place. With a Black Forest theme, that's pretty important.

Also, BBW didn't really do a lot at the very beginning of the layout, either.

Yeah but BBW was actually pretty rubbish.

^^ Both. It has a vertical drop inside the building, and has regular hills as well. Not sire which one they are griping about tbh, and im too lazy to check.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Does anyone know how tall the vertical drop inside the building is? Also BBW was not a great ride. It was really nauseating and just not fun IMO.

Re: "Verbolten" Multi-Launch Zierer for BGWilliamsburg

Joey said:
Kyle just showed me this, take a look...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV6rkUSrCjs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Is it just me, or does this make it look really, really, really naff?

Really weird idea releasing "making of" videos like this, allowing us to judge before we've ridden, especially when all you're showing off is flat static paintings done with UV. There's nothing wrong with static painted UV backdrops, but they sound boring out of context...

I'm suspecting that that indoors section is going to be a quick and thus anything more elaborate, such as animatronics (even if its just a 2D moving cut out... falling tree?) or physical theming would kind of be wasted. I just hope it works and isn't going to look really naff, because that's how the video makes it look.

So I can't view the video because it is private. Anyone have any suggestions?

I don't have much to add about Verbolten, but I must say I like this new guy's username.

Also, I have a feeling that this will be one of the best family coasters out there. Kinda like a launched newphew of Lisebergbanan.