What's new

Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

IMO this is the perfect use of the B&M mega coaster concept. B&M hypers are not filled with airtime, so a lot of big hills just get repetitive.

Low to the ground speed turns and tall over banks are exactly what they should focus on!

_koppen said:
B&M hypers are not filled with airtime, so a lot of big hills just get repetitive.

Sorry, what? Have you ridden one?
Some of them have great airtime.

As for Fury 325, I hate the name, and the slogan, but everything else seems fab. Still wish they went the few feet taller though to get the record!

Also interesting what they did with "tallest and fastest Giga Coaster"... I thought that was quite a clever way to get some records in!

What record did they not get? I'm confused by people saying that. Its tallest and fastest traditional coaster in the world and longest steel in N. America (for the next week).

^ Fastest is debatable, they quote 95mph but SD2K officially hits 96, that said this looks to have both a larger and steeper drop so it should easily beat out SD2K. As for the ride I think it looks pretty great, except for that epicly slow turnaround near the end.

_koppen said:
IMO this is the perfect use of the B&M mega coaster concept. B&M hypers are not filled with airtime, so a lot of big hills just get repetitive.

Low to the ground speed turns and tall over banks are exactly what they should focus on!

Maybe the most inaccurate post ever made in the history of the internet.

Re: Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

I'll agree with what most have been saying; the ride looks great. There may be a lack of big camelbacks, but hopefully those turns will pull some strong forces. The ride seems well paced, and the sensation of speed looks like it'll be fantastic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It looks spectacular! I love it!

Only gripe is the -\_ brake run, why do it like that? I guess there must be a reason...

And IMO, I reckon we are edging nearer to eventually having a traditional "worlds tallest".

Super pumped for this. Especially because when I saw the blueprint for the layout I assumed it would be a semi-close copy of Leviathan. Glad to see it's a bit different and has some cool elements. I also love the idea of hauling the mail really close to the ground instead of having a bunch of traditional airtime hills. The first drop looks spectacular as well.

Wow! Looks great. I think the speed turns will turn out great, but I do wish it had more camelbacks. Perhaps there'll be some nice pops of air in unexpected places. Glad Cedar Fair finally went past 310. It does feel like a legacy is ending though. Either way, I can't wait to ride.

roomraider said:
Annoyingly I'll be visiting in April. Past experience suggests this will open in May. Damn :(

Intimidator opened March 27. I305 opened April 2nd. My guess is they have this thing open for Easter, which will be April 5th next year.

tomahawk said:
What record did they not get? I'm confused by people saying that. Its tallest and fastest traditional coaster in the world and longest steel in N. America (for the next week).
Just tallest and fastest Giga coaster in the world. World record for length is still held by Steel Dragon 2000. However, Fury 325 will take North America's longest steel coaster title from Millennium Force by 7 feet. (Beast still hold's the longest North America track length title overall)

As to the top speed of Steel Dragon 2000, it is reported as 95 mph on RCDB.

Concerning the build schedule, remember, this is not Six Flags, so there is actual hope that the roller coaster will open on time. :razz:

The name Fury 328 is as good as Fury 325 - in that they're both terrible.

I just don't get the point. Yay, speed hills and turns. Isn't Intimidator mostly them as well?

I just don't buy height as enough of a difference. They could have diversified their current main attraction with something as impressive but different, like a Dive Machine. Then you have two stand out attractions. Now you have one stand out attraction and a less good version that's still only what, six years old?

It's like Cedar Fair's copy of the B&M catalogue has all the pages stuck together and this is all they think they make...

Tell me if they were shoving a bigger Invert in people wouldn't be confused. It's the same thing.

Ben said:

I just don't get the point. Yay, speed hills and turns. Isn't Intimidator mostly them as well?

I just don't buy height as enough of a difference. They could have diversified their current main attraction with something as impressive but different, like a Dive Machine. Then you have two stand out attractions. Now you have one stand out attraction and a less good version that's still only what, six years old?

It's like Cedar Fair's copy of the B&M catalogue has all the pages stuck together and this is all they think they make...

Tell me if they were shoving a bigger Invert in people wouldn't be confused. It's the same thing.
Two totally different rides, just like Behemoth and Leviathan are. Fury 325 will be more about speed and turns and a solid first drop, while Intimidator is more about airtime and lots of up and down.

They don't give a crap about what the coaster enthusiasts really want. What they care about is having a marque attraction that will bring people into the park. Plus, having another B&M like this with high capacity means good things for us as guests of the park. More people can come, more people can ride, etc...

Missed the point.

They had a marque attraction already. By building something different they could have had two. Now they have one and one that used to be a marque attraction and is now a lesser version of the marque attraction.

Tell me if it was any other coaster type it'd get this reaction. Go on. Cause you'd be chatting ****.

Ben said:

On the same note, this is why I was looking for a Wingrider, as it would further branch out the lineup. That being said, taking a look around at other parks, there is always room for a 200 ft. and 300 ft. roller coaster. And compared to CW, Fury 325 is a lot more appealing than Leviathan.

Apparently me saying longest steel in North America until next week was confusing to some. Yes I know Beast and Steel Dragon are longer, that's why I said steel in North America, not just North America or world. So Steel Dragoon is same speed, it still ties for fastest non launched coaster.

The next week comment is Colossus iron horse jab.

And thus begins the "Behemoth v. Leviathan" argument, once again.

The two rides are different enough, and the GP really dont care.

I get why people might think Intimidator and Fury325 are too similar, because this was obviously the thought that people had when Wonderland debuted Leviathan when they had Behemoth right across the park. They are NOTHING the same and I can assure you that Intimidator will continue to pull crowds. Behemoth and Leviathan continue to get equal crowds on any given day. It's not as if Behemoth's queue is riddled with tumbleweeds these days.