What's new

New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

I know a man who works for the company that has the contract for painting the park. Bagnalls if anybody is interested, anyhow, apparently, a lo of the area is completed now and will be opening for Feb half term, the other interesting part is, the company has their contract for Nickelodeon Land through until April, so I'm guessing that some of the aesthetics won't be fully complete!

Hahaha, I LOVE Amanda Thompson on Twitter...

@MandsThompson how many colours of orange are there really.......too many to choose from

I visited on opening day, it was quite a sunny day too so I got a great look at Nick Streak. It doesn't look too bad, I just hate how it's lost it's novelty and vintage style. In fact, ever since Valhalla and Infusion I'm fearing the park is going to make a complete transformation into something like 'Six Flags', losing it's classic, unique pure English stereotypical feel. I love that feel too. It's like Coney Island on crack!

Whether it's a good step for the park, I don't know, just wait until it gets a Euro-Fighter...

^ That wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Unless it involved them removing 4 rides to add the one. Thats how the place is loosing it to me, they're slowly removing ride by ride, so its starting to look less crammed, if you get what I mean.

The crazy views of seeing ride, on top of ride, on top of ride, was what I loved about the place, and is what made it stick out, but as it stands, its heading towards being just another average park.

^Agreed, I'm placing bets on something to fill up Bling's area maybe, but I'm dreading Steeplechase could maybe go, that ride holds a special place with me, but it's losing popularity recently and it takes up quite a mass of space. Yeah, it's actually making the park feel a lot smaller with them keep taking out rides, especially the log flume being replaced by Infusion, theres a mass of empty space down there which is annoying.

I can see a Euro-Fighter being their next move, I'm surprised they haven't done one already. It wouldn't be a bad idea, I enjoy Euro-Fighters, but the way the park is heading now we could be seeing a completely new Pleasure Beach over the coming decade. :?

Photo of the area on the Park Map.
180581_130500353686437_100001794186312_174620_8084766_n.jpg

From Adam at pbe.

I can't tell my arse from my elbow in Blackpool, the big box, is that where Magic Mountain was? If so what has replaced it? Can't be bothered to work out what attraction is what you see.

And I'd like to take this time to point out my annoyance at branded themed areas. I meant to do it in the Peppa Pig topic too. Not that it doesn't look amazing I just always see it like the designers have taken a shortcut and don't have enough imagination to come up with something completely new that will still get families coming from miles around to see it. Meh.

Magic Mountain was that weird mass of colour at the top left. It LOOKS Dora themed, but, I don't know or care enough about that dump to know for sure.

Ben said:
Magic Mountain was that weird mass of colour at the top left. It LOOKS Dora themed, but, I don't know or care enough about that dump to know for sure.
It's to become a Mack Mini Rapid ride. It's called Dora's world voyage and you go around in a boat journey around the world....

alexr said:
Ben said:
It's to become a Mack Mini Rapid ride. It's called Dora's world voyage and you go around in a boat journey around the world....

Ha, that's actually quite cool. I don't know why, but even it is the biggest load of crap, I can't help but get excited about a boat ride. Maybe Disney have raised my hopes too much.

^So, let me get this straight...

It's like a dark ride... but in the light?

:D

PS. Just realised you're talking about world of boys? That upsets me.

...and it's supposed to open in April? I suppose if they've got Polish builders on the job, it'll get done on time.

Ian said:
...and it's supposed to open in April? I suppose if they've got Polish builders on the job, it'll get done on time.
They still have a lot to do, They haven't announced an official opening time, it was ment to be around April 15th....