What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

giphy.gif

(Me looking for relevant photographs that would make Tobi's updates even slightly understandable)
Hope this might help a bit!
20190224_230337.jpg

Blue is the new foundations being worked on the former storage ground.
Green is the underground maintenance shed which new supports and this new building have been built on top of.
Where the number 5 is marks the rough location of the new inversion.
Screenshot_20190224-230419_Gallery.jpg

Red circle marks the where the track going into the inversion is mounted.
This track near the end of the coaster dives into an underground tunnel in the middle of the site, comes up and out, then according to Tobi enters this new inversion, followed by a 180 curve into the brake run (just off to the right from the view in this image)

The big billboard infront of the wall in fantasy was removed, opening this area up again. Will be interesting to see if there are any new posters or something like it to advertise Rookburgh and FLY. You can somewhat see it in this picture, there still is some theming / painting work to be done at the bottom:
52692733_111932533113481_4160814251931003240_n.jpg

Been a while since a wall update... ;) Images from phl_fan_pics on Instagram.

Another view at the large number of supports sitting in the staff car park. I've also seen a claim online that two Universal Rocks vans are also currently in the car park.
Screenshot_20190303-003434_Instagram.jpg

Glimpse at the Rookburgh sound barrier theming work from the car park bridge above the Berlin entrance. Definitely appears to be some large protruding structures or elements forming.
Work now seems to have moved along to the opposite side of the end of the Wuze Wall/the section facing Der Lustiger Papagei (the Zamperla Crazy Bus flat on the back of Maus) where completed red bricks, and in progress concrete layers can be seen.
Since the they've moved on presumably the large wall sections to the left not visible through this gap have been completed/are nearing completion.
Screenshot_20190303-003307_Instagram.jpg

Then on the next section of wall a lot framework (once again with gaps presumably for other protruding elements) has been built and black mesh applied - now ready for the first layer of concrete.
Screenshot_20190303-003346_Instagram.jpg

Final section so far untouched. Although its bound to be covered in scaffolding soon enough.
Screenshot_20190303-003251_Instagram.jpg

Not very exciting stuff but still progress in all aspects and parts of the construction site is good to see. Intrigued to see if we get any clearer looks or insights come the start of the season on 1st April (or if the park themselves actually gives us anything new).

Last edited:
Over on CoasterFriends.de @roff has updated the layout sketch.
Light Blue - Station Load and Unload Platforms. Purple - Launches. Red - 1st half of the layout. Dark Yellow - 2nd half of the layout. Dark Blue - Brake Run.
9556349d1551834823-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-layout.jpg

First thing to note the new inversion is marked in a light yellow, after this inversion now the track closely passes by the new building Tobi has previously mentioned (speculated to be a restaurant) and then dives into a tunnel (the dashed line).

With the foundations and footers in the bottom left square of empty space (which every unfinished track part points towards) soon to be completed; and that the staff car park will need to cleared of all those large supports being stored there before the start of the new season (1st April) it is extremely likely that the track will be finished within the next couple of weeks. Nothing is really in their way anymore.
Will be interesting to see what elements will come after each launch (for instance will there be a 3rd inversion?), especially as these ought to be the tallest points in the layout.

Light Blue - Station Load and Unload Platforms. Purple - Launches. Red - 1st half of the layout. Dark Yellow - 2nd half of the layout. Dark Blue - Brake Run.
But what about the green? Pre-show?

Being facetious as your posts are so detailed, I couldn't help not pick out the one missing piece of information. :p

Looking at that drawing, I'm not sure there's a lot of track left...
The way I see it C/D and E/F are quite easy to connect...
Untitled.jpg
I'm not so sure about A and B, as it looks like it's being launched into quite a tight turn, so I expect some kind of element there for sure, though I'm not sure what, for instance this cobra roll

Isn't there a big, straight incline after the second launch? Wouldn't that rule this out already?

Well, I'd hope for it to be longer of course...

Just not sure it will be since it apparently just surpassed flying dinosaur's length...

TBH I don't have the best overlook of the construction site right now but based on the photos I also tried to complete the layout and came up with this:fly layout.jpg
I agree its very likely Phantasialand is not implementing a Pretzel Loop due to it being quite controversial and many claiming it to be uncomfortable (I haven't experienced it yet). BUT it fits very good, almost perfectly between C and D so i could see it totally go there.

TBH I don't have the best overlook of the construction site right now but based on the photos I also tried to complete the layout and came up with this:View attachment 4682
I agree its very likely Phantasialand is not implementing a Pretzel Loop due to it being quite controversial and many claiming it to be uncomfortable (I haven't experienced it yet). BUT it fits very good, almost perfectly between C and D so i could see it totally go there.

If this would be the case, I believe that you would enter the pretzel loop directly after the second launch (as pictured), so the loop would be totally BONKERS

TBH I don't have the best overlook of the construction site right now but based on the photos I also tried to complete the layout and came up with this:View attachment 4682

I admire your imagination but that's much too small for a pretzel loop.